Broken turn based combat

howlingmadmucky

Question

Can someone please explain to me why in turn based combat I will select an enemy to attack that is right next to my character and instead of doing this they f$&k off in a completely random direction so the enemies can just pick them off one by one?

Also while on the subject how come the pointer mode on ps4 constantly breaks so you have no control over your party and on the best occasions they pi$$ off wherever direction they feel like often loading into completely different areas at a whim forcing you to sit through the god awful load times twice to get back to where you started only for it to break again?

I seem to spend more time fighting this broken game than I do playing it to the point I feel I've been conned in to paying full price for a game that's barely above an alpha build.

• Like 2

3 answers to this question

Unfortunately @howlingmadmucky, support for the console versions of PoEII is with VersusEvil - SUPPORT@VSEVIL.NET - not Obsidian.  That said, at this point in the life cycle, developers aren't as likely to read these forums and it'd be recommended problems that would be handled by Obsidian be emailed to their support email as well; this forum is primarily Peer-to-Peer assistance.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

On 2/17/2020 at 8:59 PM, howlingmadmucky said:

Can someone please explain to me why in turn based combat I will select an enemy to attack that is right next to my character and instead of doing this they f$&k off in a completely random direction so the enemies can just pick them off one by one?

Also while on the subject how come the pointer mode on ps4 constantly breaks so you have no control over your party and on the best occasions they pi$$ off wherever direction they feel like often loading into completely different areas at a whim forcing you to sit through the god awful load times twice to get back to where you started only for it to break again?

I seem to spend more time fighting this broken game than I do playing it to the point I feel I've been conned in to paying full price for a game that's barely above an alpha build.

Because there is an interaction close to you (door, chest, container), sometime it happen to me if my cursor go over a container during the fight, or before a fight, if this happen, load a save and be very careful, or try the Attack option in the Wheel menu (L2 or R2 - i am not in game atm)...

i listed few of the game bug and some solutions (if found) in this subforum... check it.

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...