Is the marksman talent broken?

Ok so I would like to know if this talent actually works. Why I ask is cus after I select it whenever I look at the stats in the inventory/character screen it doesn't show that my accuracy was boosted by plus 5. I've even tested this in combat with a gun. Is it like just purposely hidden and the bonus still applies since it's mainly a gun talent or is it broken? Like what's the deal with this. Any response would be appreciated thanks

Edited by Watchful Knight

The Marksman bonus only applies to targets that are >4m away. Since the character sheet can't determine this circumstancial bonus it won't show a raised ACC value for your ranged weapon when you casually look up your character's stats. It would have been cool if it showed the bonus anyway but maybe greyed out or somethng. Deadfire (sequel to PoE) does this but unfortunately PoE doesn't.

You can see the difference in the combat log though: if you attack an enemy from far away (>4 meters) your accuracy value used for the attack roll should be 5 points higher. If you attack from point blank it should not be.

It works with ALL ranged weapons (not all spells though - but a few). So you didn't pick something bad.

4 meters isn't very far, so usually if you are a ranged character you'll get the bonus most of the time unless enemies you want to attacks come pretty close. 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Scrolls work exactly like spells. Most of them don't work with Marksman. However, some spells are an exception and work like ranged weapons (mechanically) - I believe most Missile spells and stuff that gets cast "in a line" (like Rolling Flame) might work.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

8 hours ago, Boeroer said:

The Marksman bonus only applies to targets that are >4m away. Since the character sheet can't determine this circumstancial bonus it won't show a raised ACC value for your ranged weapon when you casually look up your character's stats. It would have been cool if it showed the bonus anyway but maybe greyed out or somethng. Deadfire (sequel to PoE) does this but unfortunately PoE doesn't.

You can see the difference in the combat log though: if you attack an enemy from far away (>4 meters) your accuracy value used for the attack roll should be 5 points higher. If you attack from point blank it should not be.

It works with ALL ranged weapons (not all spells though - but a few). So you didn't pick something bad.

4 meters isn't very far, so usually if you are a ranged character you'll get the bonus most of the time unless enemies you want to attacks come pretty close. 

Unfortunately I'm actually playing mine on XBOX so I don't know that it gives me access to detailed stats in the combat log since I can't scroll over it with a mouse but I think I know what your talking about kind of