Coming to terms (PS4) unable to progress

I talked to Luca before I talked to Tawenu. After having spoken to Tawenu I am supposed to talk to Luca in his office. But, he's never there anymore. I can only find him in the tavern, where I can't engage in conversation with him. Talking to Tawenu again is also not possible. I looted the forged contract from Luca's chest and tried to alter it in the archives, but it won't let me ...

Is there a way still to have this quest progress? If not, will I miss out on many quests / other because of it ?

Dunno really, I was able to complete the quest just fine by getting the quest from Tawenu then convincing Luca to nullify the contract via a few speech checks..

If you never talked to Luca about the contract and its details, it could be you broke quest by doing things out of expected order or something of the like. Do you have save slot before starting the quest? If you still do, then I'd just go back to that and go from there.

"Let's drop the moral posturing, shall we? We both know there's no altruism in this pursuit.
Your reckless indignation led you here - I
counted on it.
There's no
shame in it, Raziel - revenge is motivation enough.
At least it's honest.
Hate me, but do it honestly." - Kain, Scion of Balance

I'm not going back, that's like throwing away 15+ ours running around in Neketaka with all the accompanying load screens ...

But the game seems to make it a habit of breaking quest when you unknowingly do things in the wrong order. Really a shame in a game like this, that is all about exploration and discovery ... Seems the game is too complex for it's own good!

Edited by Gakkie

Yeah, for sure. Wouldn't go back myself in that situation either.

Take some solace in the fact that this was just a 'task' type of quest and not a companion quest or one of the bigger faction quests.

"Let's drop the moral posturing, shall we? We both know there's no altruism in this pursuit.
Your reckless indignation led you here - I
counted on it.
There's no
shame in it, Raziel - revenge is motivation enough.
At least it's honest.
Hate me, but do it honestly." - Kain, Scion of Balance

On 2/16/2020 at 10:25 AM, Gakkie said:

I talked to Luca before I talked to Tawenu. After having spoken to Tawenu I am supposed to talk to Luca in his office. But, he's never there anymore. I can only find him in the tavern, where I can't engage in conversation with him. Talking to Tawenu again is also not possible. I looted the forged contract from Luca's chest and tried to alter it in the archives, but it won't let me ...

Luca should be back in the office during the day. (FYI, there is a day-night cycle and people's locations and schedules can change) They won't talk shop until its day time.

Edited by thelee

On 2/18/2020 at 6:14 PM, thelee said:

Luca should be back in the office during the day. (FYI, there is a day-night cycle and people's locations and schedules can change) They won't talk shop until its day time.

I know, but she isn’t. That’s the problem ...