Will my party work? Just starting out

My main is a no subclass monk.

Eder as Swashbuckler

Pella as Paladin/Chanter

Maia as Scout

Druid boi

Is that too much melee?  should I drop Eder and add Aloth?  drop Maia for Aloth?

On 2/16/2020 at 2:53 AM, CzarTyr said:

My main is a no subclass monk.

Eder as Swashbuckler

Pella as Paladin/Chanter

Maia as Scout

Druid boi

Is that too much melee?  should I drop Eder and add Aloth?  drop Maia for Aloth?

Eder is your tank, it is the more resistant companion you will have, and he hit very hard, when Eder fall, your team will follow him...

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

3 hours ago, Mannock said:

I've played with my main and Rekke as tanks which have worked fine too. But I suppose it also depends on what difficulty level you are playing at.

Rekke is a sidekick, Eder is our oldest companion, it is a matter of taste but i am not sure you will have interactions with Rekke like you have with Eder (reputation also)..
My character is a wizard, and i play with both Pallegina as Paladin, and Eder as fighter, Seraphen as Cipher is very useful also because it can turn enemies into allies, Wizard Confusion was doing the same in POE but not in Deadfire sadly...

Edited by fced

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

11 minutes ago, fced said:

Rekke is a sidekick, Eder is our oldest companion, it is a matter of taste but i am not sure you will have interactions with Rekke like you have with Eder (reputation also)..
My character is a wizard, and i play with both Pallegina as Paladin, and Eder as fighter, Seraphen as Cipher is very useful also because it can turn enemies into allies, Wizard Confusion was doing the same in POE but not in Deadfire sadly...

Well, you asked what would work as a tank, you didn't specify anything about interaction. If interaction is a priority, then you should definetely take Edér over Rekke, that is correct.

• Thanks 1

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox