Mask of the Grotto Deep Question

This was suppossed to have been fixed in one of the 4.0-5.0 patches. I haven't had it occur since that update. Are you updated all the way?

edit - oh no, i had merely hoped it had been fixed by 5.0, and i hadn't had it occur to me since then, but it looks like there was no explicit cofirmation that this was fixed. yikes :( sorry dude

Edited by thelee

1 hour ago, thelee said:

This was suppossed to have been fixed in one of the 4.0-5.0 patches. I haven't had it occur since that update. Are you updated all the way?

edit - oh no, i had merely hoped it had been fixed by 5.0, and i hadn't had it occur to me since then, but it looks like there was no explicit cofirmation that this was fixed. yikes :( sorry dude

Latest steam version. I actually waited a year or two after release to ensure bugs like these are fixed :(  Also it seems the final boss never spawned for me either (but I guess this is intended?).

On 2/16/2020 at 12:03 PM, karpet22 said:

Also it seems the final boss never spawned for me either (but I guess this is intended?).

depending on your actions with the watershaper's guild and in the lead-up to landing on ukaizo you can have a boss fight, or a limited fight with just two engwithan titans.

Yeas. To be a bit more precise:

if the Water Dragon vows to help you later then he will take care of the guardian for you and that means the fight between you and the guardian will not happen.

BUT I agree that this should have been made more clear. Even if you read the corresponding scripted scene

(when the Dragon comes to your aid while you are approaching Ukaizo)

you might easily miss what's actually going on and what exactly he did.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

4 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Yeas. To be a bit more precise:

Reveal hidden contents

if the Water Dragon vows to help you later then he will take care of the guardian for you and that means the fight between you and the guardian will not happen.

BUT I agree that this should have been made more clear. Even if you read the corresponding scripted scene

Reveal hidden contents

(when the Dragon comes to your aid while you are approaching Ukaizo)

you might easily miss what's actually going on and what exactly he did.

Are there no exceptions to these rules? I'm baffled now. I was promised help but I still received none and had to do battle. Was this because my ship was, shall we say, not of this world?

To be even more precise, even if you're not getting the water dragon's help, if you abandon your allies at Ukaizo, then you don't have to fight the boss because the boss will be too busy taking out your allies (at least this was true in all versions before 5.0, I haven't tried this specific ending route in 5.0 yet).

4 hours ago, xzar_monty said:

I was promised help but I still received none and had to do battle

If you were promised help from the water dragon, but abandon your allies, I don't think the water dragon has a chance to come in and save the day, if that's what you're saying happened.

Edited by thelee