Hi all,

I've been having a world of trouble against Sigilmaster Auranic, mostly due to my MC Marauder, which is great for killing Auranic himself, but basically does nothing against the sigils. My main strategy was to equip Scordeo's Edge and Slayer's Claw and stunlock him with interrupts. It worked... until he decided to activate all of the sigils at once.

The bizarre thing is that using all the sigils is an active ability, and my MC was interrupting him, this with him at 0 health, but he wouldn't die before activating it. Then only AFTER he activates all the sigils he can be killed, and everything goes to ****.

Was someone able to kill him bypassing his "last stand"? Maybe with the soulbound dagger?

From my perspective, the intended design of the fight is that if you kill Auranic before destroying all her sigils, the sigils will all activate. And by the sound of your posts, that intended design cannot be circumvented [by anything you tried]. To me, it feels more likely to be considered a bug if you actually did find a way to bypass it.

As a veteran MMO raider, this is by no means strange developer behavior to me. And just to be clear, I do not hold a grudge against them for it. It creates different ways to approach the fight. Though in this case I'd say killing her with all five sigils alive is way too dangerous (but you bet WoW would give you an achievement for it 😛), but if it actually worked to prevent the mass activation then that tactic would probably be way too superior.

Still, there's a whole spectrum to consider; you can destroy some sigils and then kill Auranic. Though I find that a rather uninteresting decision, because by the time I've broken a bunch of sigils, Auranic has run out of spells anyway. Better design if Auranic herself got successively more dangerous with each destroyed sigil, perhaps.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

If that were the concern, they could just make them vulnerable upon her death without also being active. Or they could devise some other fight mechanic for periodically activating the sigils than Auranic casting a spell on them.

I'm fairly convinced that the "last stand" mechanic that is giving OP problems is there so that bull rushing Auranic isn't some easy way to win rather than the only way Obsidian could make sure you're not stuck in combat with invulnerable opponents if you do.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

4 hours ago, omgFIREBALLS said:

If that were the concern, they could just make them vulnerable upon her death without also being active. Or they could devise some other fight mechanic for periodically activating the sigils than Auranic casting a spell on them.

I'm fairly convinced that the "last stand" mechanic that is giving OP problems is there so that bull rushing Auranic isn't some easy way to win rather than the only way Obsidian could make sure you're not stuck in combat with invulnerable opponents if you do.

Well technically when you find sigils, totems and other inanimate enemy types combat does not start when you approach them. What I didn't like was Auranic immortality that is not explained as an active effect and cannot be circumvented, even when Marux Amanth does not list any exception. To me if using all sigils is an ability (and it is) it should be a viable strategy to not let her use it.

1 hour ago, danielbda said:

Just killed the bitch. It is the worst fight in the entire game. I could smell my PC frying when she died and activated the remaining sigils. The game became a slideshow.

She must have learnt from psychomantis that the gamer and his computer behind the 4th wall are more vulnerable than the armoured avatar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2