Completing sidequests in Byzantium with bad board rep

So if you’re like me, you play on a console, you tanked your rep with the Board, and ignored them when they tried to talk to you, and now you’re at the end of the game and want to finish up your side quests before heading off to Tartarus. But uh oh! You have a side quest in Byzantium and the board hates you so all the guards there shoot on site. 

This was the case for me. I was at the very beginning of Makes Space Suits, Won’t Travel - the quest you get from Celeste where she wants you to model clothes for her. I thought I was screwed, because she has guards in her store and if you aggro them around Celeste, she will aggro too and you won’t be able to complete the quest.

But it turns out it’s still possible! All you have to do is lure the guards out of her store by letting them see you and fill up their alertness meter one bar so they will investigate you. Then back away so Celeste doesn’t see, and kill them. Its probably best to leave your companions on the ship for this. I did that and was able to talk to her just fine. You can even leave the planet and come back and the guards will stay dead.

Now, I don’t know for sure that this method will work with every quest, and it might require a bit of stealth on your end, but I can say for sure it works for this quest at least, and I suspect it will also work for others. 

I hope this helps some of you and saves you some headaches! 

• 3 months later...