No achievement for beating PoEII on PotD and Trial of Iron?

So, I finally beat the game on Trial of Iron, PotD and it was a bit underwhelming, perhaps I missed something? If so, let me know!

It took me several tries so I was pretty pumped when I finally did it and nothing seemed to come of it, I searched the interwebs for some sort of achievement I perhaps missed but I didn't see anything.

Regardless, I love the game and thanks to this community for giving so many awesome ideas, character builds, strategies and positive information on different ways to enjoy the game. I was just hoping there'd be something for beating the game on one of the hardest difficulty settings.

Thanks!

On GoG Galaxy you get achievements for Deadfire. Its the same stuff as the points for Beraths Blessing.

When playing GoG games there is no pop up message when playing the game. I like this and I think those achievement messages are more disturbing than helpful.

PS: Can you deactivate in game achievement messages on steam? If I really care about this stuff I can still look in my library.

Thanks for the replies, everyone. A bit bummed as I can't even play that party any longer, lol, had I known I would have tried some of the boss battles I skipped to just get it done.

Oh well, guess that means another play through is in order, as if I needed an excuse.

12 hours ago, Reecius said:

It took me several tries so I was pretty pumped when I finally did it and nothing seemed to come of it, I searched the interwebs for some sort of achievement I perhaps missed but I didn't see anything.

background: the obsidian crowd got quite a bit of complaints about having steam achievements tied to very hard things to do in PoE1, so decidedly in Deadfire they refrained from linking any of that to actual achievements. (Some people just like to collect achievements.) The only "hard" stuff you can get credit for now are the god's challenges, which get a check mark. I'm surprised actually you didn't just go for Triple Crown, which is basically what you did.

On 2/11/2020 at 8:30 AM, thelee said:

background: the obsidian crowd got quite a bit of complaints about having steam achievements tied to very hard things to do in PoE1, so decidedly in Deadfire they refrained from linking any of that to actual achievements. (Some people just like to collect achievements.) The only "hard" stuff you can get credit for now are the god's challenges, which get a check mark. I'm surprised actually you didn't just go for Triple Crown, which is basically what you did.

I love making characters more than anything else, so playing one character just doesn't scratch the itch. I wish we could still take 6!

13 hours ago, Reecius said:

I love making characters more than anything else, so playing one character just doesn't scratch the itch. I wish we could still take 6!

triple crown still lets you have a party. it's triple crown solo that limits you