The TV and Streaming thread renewed

Amentep

Magnum Dopus - The Making of the Jay and Silent Bob reboot. This was better than the film. I am a big Kevin Smith fan. He is just a positive guy, and he tells a good story. His podcasts are still the gold standard. Sure, he isn't recapturing the magic of his early films anymore, but I still love to hear him talk about the process, pop culture, and superheroes.

Watched The Devil All The Time yesterday, with twilight sparkle vampire and spiderman. Was quite interesting, even though a bit slow at times. Loved the accents, which were pretty cray.

Don't think I would watch it again, because it's so wacky, but well worth one go.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

On 9/15/2020 at 8:45 AM, kirottu said:

My second favourite space cowboy is back!

sean connery being the obvious #1, no?

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Started watching Hell on Wheels on NetFlix. So far I'm really into it. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Everyone is talking about Cobra Kai, and I don't have anything else to watch right now, so I booted it up .... I was never much a fan of Karate Kid, etc. but man, that show is pretty good. Certainly going to keep watching it.

• Like 3

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

14 minutes ago, Lexx said:

Everyone is talking about Cobra Kai, and I don't have anything else to watch right now, so I booted it up .... I was never much a fan of Karate Kid, etc. but man, that show is pretty good. Certainly going to keep watching it.

Its so coincidental but I also started watching that series  about 2 weeks ago and it really is appealing, I think part of it is reconnecting with all the old characters ....its great how it integrates the old story 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I like how they inverse characters and show the different perspectives. It would have been easy to make one the good and one the bad guy, but they didn't went that way. It's especially good because if you rewatch the old movie, the "good kid" comes off as a real ass now (it was covered by some other youtube videos as well a while ago - basically showing examples of why he is actually the real bully).

tl;dr - pretty good so far.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lexx said:

I like how they inverse characters and show the different perspectives. It would have been easy to make one the good and one the bad guy, but they didn't went that way. It's especially good because if you rewatch the old movie, the "good kid" comes off as a real ass now (it was covered by some other youtube videos as well a while ago - basically showing examples of why he is actually the real bully).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

1 hour ago, Lexx said:

Its done really well and sometimes I think " am I watching  a teenagers movie "  because I wouldnt be so entertained if it was 

But I always carry on watching so as you mentioned its a combination of things, I wonder if we would still enjoy it if we had never seen the Karate Kid ....that movie was a cult classic for us and everyone loved it 📺

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

What the ****ing ****, piece of **** Netflix canned The Dark Crystal. What the **** is wrong with these dumbnuts doing all these retarded decisions. God, I'm seriously pissed now.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

1 minute ago, Lexx said:

What the ****ing ****, piece of **** Netflix canned The Dark Crystal. What the **** is wrong with these dumbnuts doing all these retarded decisions. God, I'm seriously pissed now.

Wow that's lame. Season 1 was a show I really enjoyed - there was clearly a lot of passion behind the project. Hope someone else picks it up if that's possible?

1 hour ago, Lexx said:

Okay, that is quite serious...Im seriously disappointed,  I am going to find out why and comment later 

John Milton 

3 hours ago, Lexx said:

My understanding is that the fact that it was time consuming to make and expensive (meaning it took a lot of time to recoup the lot of money invested in it) made its path to renewal a lot less likely than other shows before counting its actual performance (which we don't really know how it did since Netflix).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Most of the puppets and sets were already done with season 1. That means a season 2 would have cost a lot less money to make.

Netflix's decisions are just stupid. Garbage like Another Life gets a season 2, but stuff like this does not... 

Kinda hoping now that Amazon would pick up the show. Praying to every god that it won't go to Disney+.

Edited by Lexx

On 9/18/2020 at 5:41 PM, Guard Dog said:

Started watching Hell on Wheels on NetFlix. So far I'm really into it. 

Its excellent, I love the characters and the Civil War links

I watched a powerful and evocative WW1 movie called 1917 that is highly recommended for those that enjoy WW1 movies. I have studied WW1 and collect books on the war so I tend to always watch  WW1  movies with an expectation of authenticity, this movie captures real themes accurately like the superiority of the German trenches and survivors guilt  

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8579674/

• Thanks 1

John Milton 

1 hour ago, BruceVC said:

Its excellent, I love the characters and the Civil War links

I watched a powerful and evocative WW1 movie called 1917 that is highly recommended for those that enjoy WW1 movies. I have studied WW1 and collect books on the war so I tend to always watch  WW1  movies with an expectation of authenticity, this movie captures real themes accurately like the superiority of the German trenches and survivors guilt  

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8579674/

As a huge military history buff, I love movies of 20th century wars. But this one looked suspect from its trailer, as yet another effort by today's movie-makers to 'reimage' history based on their values and feelings. So this is useful feedback.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kanisatha said:

As a huge military history buff, I love movies of 20th century wars. But this one looked suspect from its trailer, as yet another effort by today's movie-makers to 'reimage' history based on their values and feelings. So this is useful feedback.

Please watch it and let me know what you think, baring in mind its a story set against the realistic horror, carnage, futility and survival of the great war 

So the feelings dont undermine the journey and the integration into WW1, its like Cold Mountain and some of the real dangers at the end of the Civil War  the hero faces on his way home to his true love 

• Thanks 1

John Milton 

I watched The Devil All The Time a few days ago and thought it was pretty good. Yelling "DELUSIONS" to get out of **** seems like a winning move tbh.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Second season of Project Blue Book is out and it appears to be as entertaining as the first season 📺

John Milton