Jump to content
Daudastund

Palledina needs to calm her feathered ****

Recommended Posts

So I had that ship event happened to me where I had to take a speecb to the crew. I had the choice between boring lines, and lines totaly out of character (the gruesome stuff). So I took the edgy as **** line "I am the herald of Berath, bringer of death". 

Sounds cool eh? Well, NOPE for Palledina, as her rep towards me make a dump to -1, and gave me her " me with trading company, you do bad for Vladimir, I leave".  And that after I rescued Giocolo.. Too bad that she has my best gear, or else I would just kick her out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who are Palledina and Vladimir? Friends of Cindy & Bert?

  • Haha 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Who are Palledina and Vladimir? Friends of Cindy & Bert?

Friends with Adar, Woti, Sephirem, Rana Mua, Aphew & Takeabow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

Not to forget Lord Rodriguez! 

The Lord of the Gliding Dale ? Who comes back to life as a Dread Blight and cast Direballs on your party ?

On the main Topic : I hate Pallegina. Umbearable temper in PoE2, a worse version of her PoE1's self. AND SHE BETRAYED MY PARTY ON MY FIRST RUN.
Her race is super meh, and subclass is the worst Paladin one. She can be Herald, which is a plus, but it's sad because she will be worse than a herald hireling.

Edited by Elric Galad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder why they turned Wrath of the Five Suns (which was pretty great in PoE) into mehsoup for Deadfire...


Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Wonder why they turned Wrath of the Five Suns (which was pretty great in PoE) into mehsoup for Deadfire...

They turned a lot of stuff into meh or just okay soup : Twinned Arrows, Sacred Immolation, Dragon Trashed, Carnage (Not close to its former Glory). 

Wrath of the five suns is even buggy (PR don't scale with PL). 

But hey, feel free to use my modded version 🤔 (or to criticize it if you think it's OP).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean I get why Carnage and Dragon Thrashed etc. were altered (Twinned Arrows not so much) but Wrath of the Five Suns wasn't OP. It was an 1/encounter "missile" attack that could insta-fry one weak enemy but nothing that would be considered too good. Also it is official companion only. It's good if official companions have one thing that's a little bit better (although it's hard to top Gilded Enmity). Makes up for the suboptimal stat distribution (for most build ideas you'll have in mind).


Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

I mean I get why Carnage and Dragon Thrashed etc. were altered (Twinned Arrows not so much) but Wrath of the Five Suns wasn't OP. It was an 1/encounter "missile" attack that could insta-fry one weak enemy but nothing that would be considered too good. Also it is official companion only. It's good if official companions have one thing that's a little bit better (although it's hard to top Gilded Enmity). Makes up for the suboptimal stat distribution (for most build ideas you'll have in mind).

To be more specific :

They nerfed it because they nerfed everything.
They didn't buff it because it was not a priority, and they didn't think twice before nerfing for the same reasons.

I think they didn't change any of the companion subclass from the initial version. Some are good (as you said 
It's good if official companions have one thing that's a little bit better), some are bad, some are okayish, but it was set it stone from the beginning.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2020 at 9:31 AM, Elric Galad said:

To be more specific :

They nerfed it because they nerfed everything.
They didn't buff it because it was not a priority, and they didn't think twice before nerfing for the same reasons.

I think they didn't change any of the companion subclass from the initial version. Some are good (as you said 
It's good if official companions have one thing that's a little bit better), some are bad, some are okayish, but it was set it stone from the beginning.

Yeah the nerfs are pretty terrible. Like DnD 3.5 to 4th edition terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some nerfs were absolutely necessary. Like Carnage or Dragon Thrashed. They "railroaded" the class into an optimal build direction or were just too dominant. Both got a bit overnerfed in my opinion though. Nobody takes Dragon Thrashed aymore and not many players even think about Carnage (except in combo with Spirit Frenzy maybe).


Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Some nerfs were absolutely necessary. Like Carnage or Dragon Thrashed. They "railroaded" the class into an optimal build direction or were just too dominant. Both got a bit overnerfed in my opinion though. Nobody takes Dragon Thrashed aymore and not many players even think about Carnage (except in combo with Spirit Frenzy maybe).

Yeah, I agree with that. And they also had to be careful about overpowered multiclass combos.
PoE1 class balance was weird and revolved around a couple of incredibly powerful class abilities (namely Twinned Arrows, Sacred Immolation, Dragon Trashed, Carnage...).

But what was unexpected is that some abilities which were "on the top of the pile" suddenly found themselves on the bottom and some never recovered.

What doesn't help is that High Tier Abilities ressource cost scales too much IMHO.

Even Twinned Shots feels overcosted compared to Accurate Wounding Shots (Power Level scaling of the later make their damages dealt comparable, and Accurate Wounding Shot is even a full Attack).
What saves Twinned Shots is obviously that it has very powerful interactions with a couple of weapons and can be used to get many procs. But if you don't meta, it's meh for such a high Tier.
I think it could have been 1 Bond and still be balanced (would still be a downgrade compared to its gamebreaking modal ancestor).
In the case you're using Twin Shots in optimal condition with Frostseeker, the fact it costs 1 or 2 Bonds wouldn't change that much to the resulting slaughter anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ignored her a lot honestly. I believe in the first POE, hers was the only quest I didn't complete because it was kinda a shady deal IIRC. I also got Giacolo killed so honestly Pallegina was probably not my biggest fan. I was surprised that she left when I refused to support VTC's claim for Ukaizo. I know that she wasn't in my party for most of it, but did nobody tell her that the VTC were making deals with slavers?? Maybe something different happens if she spends more time in my party, I dunno, but she seemed as devoted to the VTC as any acolyte that she chastizes are to their god. I spent a lot more time with Maia, and though she also left when I refused to assassinate Queen Onekaza, she is at least a little conflicted about her work with the Royal Deadfire Company at times. I don't know if it is possible for her to completely quit them or not but I haven't been able to convince her successfully. But I liked Maia better than Pallegina, even if she is a racist lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know why Twinned Shots couldn't stay a modal. Sure, one left it on anyways and that means it could also have been a passive ability - but making it an active ability was not the best move in my opinion. Since it's PL8 anyway it wouldn't have been a multiclass-synergy-problem as a modal.

  • Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...