So when are we gonna be able to unequip companion helmets?

Yes, I know you can make companion helmets invisible in the settings. No, that is not the same as being able to unequip them. What if I want to see helmets on some companions but not others? Why does this even need to be a problem in the first place? It’s such a ridiculously annoying design choice in an otherwise great game. 

• Like 1

I am not understanding.  So you can no put a helmet on a companion so this wouldn't become a problem.  Same solution for choosing who has a helmet and who doesn't just put them on someone you want to have one then don't on someone who you don't want to have one.

I don’t see what’s difficult to understand. If I put a helmet on a character and decide that I don’t like how it looks on them, why shouldn’t I be able to take it off? I didn’t even know you couldn’t take helmets off of companions until I ran into the problem. It’s just a really strange design choice. Why shouldn’t you be able to unequip companion helmets? What benefit is there to removing such a simple option?

Well if it is a visual issue as you yourself said there is an option to not see companions helmets but you still get the buffs the piece of equipment provides.  If I had to guess on the why of the decision it would be a time crunch issue as it would be easier to remove the ability to see the graphic then to put in a method to adjust the stats back down to base.  It would be interesting to have heard a developers thoughts at the time of the decision but I doubt anyone in the development could explain the reasoning after release.

Really it is a none issue though as the benefit of not being able to remove the helmet just results in a companion with a stat boost it doesn't lessen the effectiveness of the companion in anyway.

1 hour ago, dadkev said:

It is an issue. You can't remove the armor from one companion and give it to another. You have to keep an armor set in your inventory or go buy a set for the sole purpose of getting a set you want off a companion.

Well it isn't like it is hard to get drops.  You can also easily get around this by keeping one helm to put on a companion which will place the current helm in your inventory that will allow you to place it on the second companion.  So not a "set" but just a meh helmet you aren't going to use for your build or any of your companions.  I wouldn't of chosen to do the way it is designed but I also don't see it as an issue.

• 2 months later...
On 2/13/2020 at 6:08 PM, dadkev said:

It is an issue. You can't remove the armor from one companion and give it to another. You have to keep an armor set in your inventory or go buy a set for the sole purpose of getting a set you want off a companion.

I agree, it's so odd that you can do that for your character and not for the rest of your companions. 

It's clearly an oversight

Edited by Almaar