unpopular gaming opinions - here's mine, share yours

Melusina

2 hours ago, Orogun01 said:

Then this is the Christian movie you want to see
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0281358/

No.  This is

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Everyone knows limoncello is the best lemon beverage

Tried it once. It tasted of lemon so unnatural that even dishwashing liquid manufacturers wouldn't add it to their stuff on account of being too artificial. Vile, vile concoction. :x

• Like 2

I make my own nowadays. Just peel lemons and soak the peels in a strong neutral spirit for a while then drain and mix the liquid with water and sugar. That way I can control the sweetness and make sure there are no additives in my adult lemonade.

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

1 hour ago, ShadySands said:

I make my own nowadays. Just peel lemons and soak the peels in a strong neutral spirit for a while then drain and mix the liquid with water and sugar. That way I can control the sweetness and make sure there are no additives in my adult lemonade.

That's a good idea. Also, if you replace clear spirit with brandy, lemon peels with cherries and sugar with, well, a bit less sugar, you can get a different yet delicious kind of adult lemonade. Well, cherryade. :biggrin:

You can make a bunch of fruit liqueurs easily using similar methods- cassis with blackcurrants is another good and easy option and you can even make bootleg Grand Marnier/ Cointreau with sweet/ sour oranges as well (down a bit in alcohol content though). No bootleg Benedictine though, God knows what goes into that...

14 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

We have plenty of craft beer lagers nowadays. They are the only ones making the good stuff in the US. But light american lagers are garbage and they account for 70% of the market.

Really? Out here it is like 90% IPA. I don't mind IPAs, but prefer other types more and so it's a constant battle with my beer store to get them to stock more non-IPA types.

4 minutes ago, kanisatha said:

Really? Out here it is like 90% IPA. I don't mind IPAs, but prefer other types more and so it's a constant battle with my beer store to get them to stock more non-IPA types.

IPA's definitely still rule the craft beer world, I was just saying we are seeing some pretty solid lagers coming out of the craft beer market. The tricky part is a lager actually takes longer to brew, but has a smaller abv, so it doesn't demand the same price as the heavier stuff.

Unpopular opinion : Booze sucks.

• Thanks 3
  • Gasp! 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

18 hours ago, daven said:

Lager tastes better than craft beer. I mean good pilsners not carlsberg or... what's the american equivalent...? Miller lite? They are awful. 

If you want to experience some quality (not only) craft beer, you should pay a visit to Czechia and Slovakia. Without that, any oppinion about any beer is considered invalid 😛

• Thanks 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

2 minutes ago, Mamoulian War said:

If you want to experience some quality (not only) craft beer, you should pay a visit to Czechia and Slovakia. Without that, any oppinion about any beer is considered invalid 😛

The truth about beer is thus: It is great in Central Europe with the exception of Germany. For some reason they managed to convince the entire world that the stuff they're selling is good.

Anyway, should anyone of you find yourself in Vienna some day don't fall for some tourist trap and visit a small, off the beaten path pub called Kolar. Best beer in town, and a real contender for best beer anywhere.

Just take care and don't get yourself the Starobrno just because it sounds Czech. I mean, sure, it is, but it's disguised Heineken swill. Heh. Although I have no idae why you would want to order anything but the Kolar beers. Unless you like wheat beer. In which case you're better off in Germany. Off you go. :p

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Yup, the biggest challenge during Central European beer trip, is to avoid Heineken owned beers 😛 If you are successful during that challenge, you will be justly rewarded ;)

• Haha 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

14 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

Yup, the biggest challenge during Central European beer trip, is to avoid Heineken owned beers 😛 If you are successful during that challenge, you will be justly rewarded ;)

Replace Heineken with Stella Artois when in Belgium. Also, "Avoid tourist traps and find where locals drink/eat" is generally great advice. :yes:

Majestic's bit too harsh on German beers IMO, I had some nice ones and Franziskaner is legit great. Lambics >>> lagers and I so miss gueuze. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I make my own beer which -let's be honest- tastes like crap. A couple days ago I was drinking some of my own homemade beer while watching Cowboy Bebop and they suddenly land on Callisto:

What are you looking for? All you will find here are men and rancid booze.

😁

Yup, I drink 'rancid booze'. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2023 at 12:50 AM, Katphood said:

Yup, I drink 'rancid booze'. 

knowing how to make rancid beer is nevertheless a useful skill. a friend o' ours, at 3:30 am, once mused that if he were to be marooned on a desert island and he could only take two things with him to the island, he would choose a goodly supply o' beer and a broad-spectrum antibiotic. am not sure why he got to choose two items, but those were the rules o' the scenario.

not bad choices. beer, bottled proper, is gonna last a considerable time, will be resistant to rot or degradation and would be representing a good source o' carbohydrates you would be otherwise unable to replicate on a desert island.

we do not drink booze, but we always thought we should learn how to make beer.

also, most o' our best conversations has happened during the hour of the wolf. 

edit: 

updated unpopular gaming opinions--

fo: nv would have been better w/o caeser's legion and in particular w/o caeser. were requiring sooperhuman resolve to avoid speed clicking through caesar dialogues.

"non-linear" is a used car sales pitch in virtual every story-driven game ever made. provide a whole bunch o' optional and tangential side-quests does not make any less linear. 

warhammer 40k is a great tabletop strategy game setting, but am less a fan o' 40k for rpg. 40k is intentional over-the-top and tongue-in-cheek. am thinking meaningful role-play and storytelling is prohibitive challenging with 40k save in small doses. 

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

3 years have passed and hipsta microbrewieries production is still dominated by IPA. :down:

...right, unpopular gaming opinion. Soulslike formula sucks balls. If I wanted to fail again and again (and again and again and again...) until I get something right, I'd take up craft so that I might get something useful out of it IRL eventually. Like brewing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RTS games suck... all of them. Even Dawn of War games despite being set in the 40k setting. I make a bi-annual exception for Age of Empires 2, because it's so slow it might as well have been turn based, so the RTS aspect is less noticeable.

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein