unpopular gaming opinions - here's mine, share yours

Melusina

14 hours ago, ComradeMaster said:

Threads like these inspire people to show their true colors, and that's how we like it.

I hate Old Skool CRPG's, burn them and their Nazi fanbois to the ground.  And Bethesda to, they are both 2 sides of the same neo fascist coin.

Heh I love that song I admit it!

nowt

Dark Soul 2 is a ****ty console port on pc. Just like the 1st was..and the first who say ''Use a controller'' ..I'm throwing my fancy Blinking Xbone 1 ****ty controller at their forehead!!! 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

• 3 weeks later...

Divinity: Original Sin II was not the modern day RPG masterpiece most make it out to be. It was a very good game with great mechanics, interactivity, and visuals, but lacked in terms of storytelling, characterization, and role-playing. Give me Pillars 2 any day. 

• Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

On 3/25/2020 at 3:27 AM, E.RedMark said:

Dark Soul 2 is a ****ty console port on pc. Just like the 1st was..and the first who say ''Use a controller'' ..I'm throwing my fancy Blinking Xbone 1 ****ty controller at their forehead!!! 

Well here's something for the thread: Dark Souls doesn't have subtle but awesome storytelling. It's set in an interesting world where mysterious events that you can piece together from observation and lore happened possibly so far in the past that they almost don't matter any more. But an actual plot that the game itself tells? In that regards it is as servicable and perfunctory as Mass Effect 2 or Dragon Age: Origins were, perhaps even less so as you need to superimpose your own motivation and drive as a player over your character's.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2020 at 9:42 AM, joels344 said:

Divinity: Original Sin II was not the modern day RPG masterpiece most make it out to be. It was a very good game with great mechanics, interactivity, and visuals, but lacked in terms of storytelling, characterization, and role-playing. Give me Pillars 2 any day. 

DOS2's story was awesome with you choosing either to damn people to a slow slaughter by the Void, or be their hero who brings dragons back to life, gathers the dwarfish navy together to wipe out any piece of **** that says they came from the Void, restore the Elven homeland to create an army of crazy cannibals, reconnect with your daughter to find out what happened to your people, get the demon that possesses you out of your mind, or through diplomacy make peace with the people who raised you and unite the races against a truly dark force. Also the customization of DOS2 was simply amazing with every custom class you make feels amazing with combos in summoning and hydromancy so you can heal your allies while summoning demons to grant them additional bodies to tank hits, or going with warfare, aeromancy, and hydromancy to beat down any monster that steps to you. Whereas POE2 laughed at you if you thought you could continuously sustain the team, do lots of varied elemental damage, and tank a **** load of hits as a priest when in DnD you can do that just fine. Also POE2 had incredibly short companion quests, and some strange choices such as not letting your group get off first strike when your enemy is standing still or ****ing sleeping.

3 hours ago, HoonDing said:

all the games you like suck

It's supposed to be for unpopular opinions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

8 hours ago, HoonDing said:

all the games you like suck

"Odds are, something you like very much sucks. Why? Because this is the RPGCodex unpopular gaming opinions thread"

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

5 hours ago, mkreku said:
  • I like the first Twilight movie

Fight me

Why fight, your admission is the greatest defeat one can suffer.

• Haha 5

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

6 minutes ago, the_dog_days said:

Wife dies: I'm sad.

Dog dies: Hulk Smash!

Wife dies of illness = sadness
Dog is killed by Theon = go ape****.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Would have been nice to see him go nuts after her death and become some sort of elite medical researcher to terminate the illness that got her.

Edited by Malcador

2 hours ago, Malcador said:

Would have been nice to see him go nuts after her death and become some sort of elite medical researcher to terminate the illness that got her.

Then this is the Christian movie you want to see
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0281358/

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

20 hours ago, the_dog_days said:

Wife dies: I'm sad.

Dog dies: Hulk Smash!

His wife died of cancer there was nothing he could do for her. His dog was the last gift his wife gave him, so of course he is going to lose his damn mind.