nfl 2020-2021

Gromnir

I shouldn't have picked the Browns, :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Browns should've won that after Mahomes went out, but they couldn't stop repeatedly shooting themselves in the foot. Will be a long week to see if Mahomes can play Sunday.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Kinda sucks that whether Mahomes clears concussion protocol or not will likely decide who represents the AFC in the Superbowl.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Looks like I'm gonna be 2-2. I felt like the Browns had the game if they could only get their sh*t together. Interesting to note that both the running quarterbacks this weekend were taking out of the game with injuries at one point. I wonder if teams next season will reconsider designed run plays with quarterbacks as a result; especially if the Mahomes can't play next week and miss out on the superbowl because of it.

Edited by the_dog_days

What an absolute implosion by the Saints following that Jared Cook fumble. I felt really good about facing the Saints at Lambeau - I do not feel good about facing the Buccaneers at all. They just have that type of defense where they're at least pretty good at all levels which makes it hard for our offense to find the weak points to exploit, and that's what Rodgers has historically struggled the most against in his career. Ugh.

Also went 2-2 - got both of Saturday's games right, both of Sunday's games wrong, :(.

I whiffed hard on Ravens/Bills, but I got the other 3 games right.

Packers is the easy choice in the NFC, but I can't pick the AFC game until I know if Mahomes is playing.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I don't see how anyone can easily pick the Packers. The Buccaneers' offensive line has largely stood up to better defensive fronts than what the Packers have, the Buccaneers have three #1 wide receivers and we only have one really good corner, our run defense has been suspect on and off and the Buccaneers also have a great RB stable, and of course, Tom Brady has absolutely destroyed bend-don't-break defenses like ours by simply taking what the defense gives you for literal decades. And that's not even talking about the Buccaneers' defense, which annihilated the Packers' offense earlier this season. All across the board, the Buccaneers have a good defensive line, good cornerbacks, good safeties, and worst of all, great and speedy linebackers that take away the Packers' easy schemed-open plays. Literally anytime that I can think over the last decade that the Packers have faced an across-the-board-good defense that lacks a weak point to exploit like this, Rodgers has mightily struggled.

And if you think, "Well, the Packers just demolished the Rams, the #1 defense!"...the Rams have terrible linebackers and only an above average defensive line *with* Aaron Donald - without him, I have to imagine they're below average at best. And what did our offense take advantage of against the Rams? Dominating the defensive front to firstly get our RBs to the second level against weak LBs who gave up lots of yards, and secondly give Rodgers a whole hell of a lot of time to find open receivers or wait for the TE/RB to get open underneath against undisciplined LB play for easy yards and first downs. This is the Packers' nightmare opponent on both ends of the ball, and I will be extremely pleasantly surprised and impressed if the Packers get past them.

Edited by Bartimaeus

No, I'm just mad that we didn't get the Saints (whom I would've easily picked the Packers over), and am preparing to be very sad this Sunday. Packers have fallen, collapsed, and imploded at the final hurdle due to very bad matchups like this repeatedly over the last decade, and I don't really see any reason to expect any different this time.

Edited by Bartimaeus

4 hours ago, Keyrock said:

@BartimaeusAs someone who also employs the reverse jinx, I respect your commitment to your team. ;)

It's funny. Through being a Jets fan I've more than learnt the sting of consistent defeat and through being a University of Oklahoma fan I've learnt the condescension of knowing you're going to win the conference every year.

Packers and Bills for me, both by a hair. Will not be even kind of surprised if either game goes the other way.

• Like 1

Yeah, so this is going literally exactly how I thought it would go. Absolutely dog**** Packers' defense against Tom Brady that has made a career of destroying our type of soft, finesse defense combined with our offensive line having a bad day and not being able to get the easy plays. Gee, it's almost like I said exactly this would happen like 5 days ago. We always lose to the team in the playoffs that we got destroyed by in the regular season.

Edited by Bartimaeus

That pick in the 2nd quarter was a stomach punch. It ain't looking good for the Packers but they have MVP Rodgers so I won't count them out yet.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Offensive line, which was so magnificent the entire season, had two really bad games this season. One was in week 6 against the Buccaneers, the other was while hosting the NFCCG against the Buccaneers. It was the difference between winning and losing multiple times in this game, and those last few drives by the Packers showed it very clearly. Don't know what the Buccaneers are doing that nobody else did, but we couldn't do much about it.

Tom Brady goes to his tenth Super Bowl, and is the first to host one in his own stadium.

Edited by Bartimaeus