nfl 2020-2021

Gromnir

It was kind of weird how Pittsburgh seemed to be doing really well for 11 games, and then all of a sudden they weren't. Some strange JuJu, I guess. After that first Pittsburgh play, it just looked like they were in for a long night. It reminded me of a similar play by Denver in the 2014 Superbowl.

Anyway, congratulations to Cleveland, and good luck... vs. Kansas City. Yikes.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Is Big Ben done? I don't want to retire a guy over one game but boy oh boy did he look done yesterday. Steelers will be paying him something like 40 million next year, yikes!

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Seems like an absolutely lousy choice. Mike McCarthy has been famous for picking or staying with bad coordinators he's friends with. I can't help but think the McCarthy isn't long for Dallas and this is all just a waste of several years.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

regardless o' the dc, personnel issues is gonna be the biggest concern for the dallas defense during the off-season. 

situation were terrible for nolan. covid-19 hits and a new dc from outside the organization attempts to change the defensive scheme including new nomenclature with the benefit o' far fewer practices than would be ordinary available. a couple key injuries further stymied efforts, but injuries is predictable. 'course once nolan lost the confidence o' the team, were no chance to fix problems. nolan had to go.

so, bring in a new dc with decent defensive pedigree who will once again change the scheme while facing numerous (likely) personnel changes due to fa moves as well as need deal with similar covid restrictions as last year lasting deep into summer (reduced) practices. also, the dallas defense doesn't have the kinda interior d-line presence quinn enjoyed in seattle, and am not sure fa and the draft will be transformative.

am kinda liking neville gallimore potential, but less so with quinn's scheme, which is too bad. am not a dallas fan, but am always rooting for the Kanadians playing big in the nfl and the dallas d-line is representing most o' the canadian d-linemen playing in the nfl... well, at least the starters.

HA! Good Fun! 

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Bill Belichick Says He Won’t Accept Medal of Freedom From Trump After Capitol Riot

“Recently, I was offered the opportunity to receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom, which I was flattered by out of respect for what the honor represents and admiration for prior recipients,” Belichick said in a statement. “Subsequently, the tragic events of last week occurred and the decision has been made not to move forward with the award.” 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

On 1/11/2021 at 5:18 PM, Gfted1 said:

Dan Quinn is the Cowboys new DC. meh

And then McCarthy hired his old Packers DB coach, Joe Whitt. It's not that there's anything necessarily wrong with these guys, it's just...it's same old McCarthy doing the same old crap, and I just can't think this is going to really work out.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

On 1/11/2021 at 3:18 PM, Gfted1 said:

Dan Quinn is the Cowboys new DC. meh

I remember when Seahawks fans were bummed about losing DC Quinn after a couple of SBs with the Legion of Boom. Looks like his reputation has taken a bit of a turn since then.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

8 hours ago, the_dog_days said:

Robert Saleh is the new Jets head coach. This was the guy I was hoping for. The only real downside is I can see him trying to keep Sam Darnold 'cause he's a defensive guy and imo we'd be better off trading Sam and starting over.

Not only that, but your offensive coordinator is Matt LaFleur from the 49ers too. That particular Shanahan branch of offensive coaches has been highly successful so far, interested to see if Matt LaFleur will be as well.

@rjshae Quinn completely inherited the Legion of Boom, too - while they did play better under him than the previous DC they had, I've noticed over the years that a lot of coordinators who previously had great talent in their system aren't able to adjust very well when their talent isn't nearly as good.

Edited by Bartimaeus

The Chiefs are so good that they got bored and sleepwalked their way through the second half of the season. It will be interesting to see whether they can just flip the switch or if it takes them a while (potentially too long) to get into gear. 

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I don't feel comfortable picking any of these games. Packers-Rams feels like the most likely game to tilt one way, but the Packers have lost to NFC West teams with great defenses in the playoffs so often over Rodgers' career that I can't feel good about this even though it's theoretically the easiest matchup out of everything remaining. Saints-Buccaneers is a toss-up but I tend to go with the team that smoked the other twice even though the Buccaneers have clearly gotten better over the last month. For some reason, I favor the Browns over the Chiefs - I'm not really sure why, though. Most likely, Browns will Browns it, but... Bills-Ravens is also a toss-up, so I guess I'll favor the home team.

Edited by Bartimaeus

First time hosting the NFCCG for Rodgers.