nfl 2020-2021

Gromnir

The Dallas Cowboys seem to be employing a plan where they let the opponent score at will for half the game then hope that the opponent self destructs in the second half. It's a bold strategy. The coaching genius of Mike McCarthy. While the other coach is playing checkers, he's playing with finger paints. :rolleyes:

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Dak suffered a compound ankle fracture, significantly worse than a run of the mill ankle fracture. We won't see him again this year, maybe not next year either. Who knows if he'll ever be the same.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

47 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

I was convinced you were incorrect and the worst defense HAD to be Dallas (Im pretty sure I could drop 21 on them :lol:), but lo and behold, they are ranked 27th.

Looking at the list, Atlanta just can't win anything.

Lose every game, but still not the top of the bottom.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I've grown to rather like Dak since after his rookie season, was horrible to see his injury and him crying. Hope better days are to come for and from him. Cowboys have had two very likable QBs in a row now. @Keyrock How has Mike McCarthy seemed as head coach so far? I have never been gladder than these past few weeks that the Packers separated from him when they did, but mainly on the back of Matt LaFleur's playcalling (which I have been reading analysis comparing him to Mike McCarthy when he was still here basically on a weekly basis and it seems pretty much everyone agrees that LaFleur has been brilliant in making things as easy as possible for Rodgers, whereas McCarthy was doing the opposite the for a number of years), and not based on how he's doing with the Cowboys.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Does McCarthy call the defense? Does he call formations, blitzes, etc? Because that's where the problem lies. 

Our offense has been fine. We've fumbled way too much, but that probably comes down to preparation and discipline more than play calling. We're too pass-heavy for my tastes, but that can't be helped when you are constantly down by 800 points. Our offense has played well, it's the only reason we've been in these games at all.

Our defense couldn't stop a pee wee football team from scoring at will, let alone a NFL team. Sometimes I wonder why we bother putting defenders on the field at all. It's not like they're doing anything.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Like sands from an hourglass, these are the days of our Jet lives.

It's obvious that acting owner Chris Johnson wants the team to tank. GM Joe Douglas is reluctantly going along with this--I'm guessing he understands that when you tank in the NFL you then have to purge the roaster because even a coaching change won't win the locker room back. Adam Gase is stupid enough that he thinks he can keep his job as long as he's doing exactly what Chris Johnson wants: loosing (also, making Gase coach the team through the whole season is one hell of a black mark on Gase's career--perhaps even a career ending mark--which is why Johnson hasn't fired him). And Greg Williams sees the writing on the wall and in the last few weeks has been trying to distance himself from Gase, understanding that he'll have to justify the terrible job they've done as co-head coaches in his next interview.

The only reason to watch the Jets anymore is to see how this soap opera plays out.

Edited by the_dog_days

giphy.gif

Only one thing left to do...blow the whole thing up and start rebuilding that O-line (and D-line, and ST). Im not sure if they can shed those oversize contracts for Elliott / Lawrence without a crushing cap hit. Tyron Smith needs to hang up the cleats, too much accumulated damage over the years and hasnt played a full season since 2016(?). Ill give the coaching staff a pass for this season.

Ironically, considering the state of the NFCE, Dallas may not get a top 10 pick by virtue of winning that putrid division.

• Sad 1