nfl 2020-2021

Gromnir

Still, the Cowboy's O-line must cost a bunch, right? But, seems like it was a low hit for the Cooper contract this year, going up to 22M the following years. Must take a toll on their cap in the years to come.

But who cares when Brady is going to the Buccs, right?

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

9 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Did we see all of Tannehill before he turned it around? Maybe he had a lucky season? I think coaching is important, especially for QB's, and hes still young with a big arm. When they cut him, someone will snatch him up.

Tannehill has/had way more promise than Winston, in my opinion. Winston's decision making is just mad (in a bad way), and added to that, I wasn't impressed by his construed leadership as shown on Hardknocks.

But yes, if Winston gets cut, I'm sure some team will pick him up. No doubt. 

I agree his first two years were bad, but I think it looks worse due to all the int's last season. Hes had two different coaches in his career too. Id like to see what a real quarterback whisperer could do with him.

In other news, Prescott is apparently holding out for all the money in the NFL, and I hope he gets his bag. Hes good...very good...but not elite imo. I dont think he can carry a team thats not already loaded with stars at every skill position. But, thats the type salary the QB position commands so Dallas probably only has 2-3 seasons before the wild spending (especially at RB. Doh!) craters the salary cap and they go into rebuild. Then we'll see what Dak is made of! :lol: Although the new TV deal, combined with legalized gambling, may stave off the rebuild for a while longer.

16 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

In other news, Prescott is apparently holding out for all the money in the NFL, and I hope he gets his bag. Hes good...very good...but not elite imo. I dont think he can carry a team thats not already loaded with stars at every skill position. But, thats the type salary the QB position commands so Dallas probably only has 2-3 seasons before the wild spending (especially at RB. Doh!) craters the salary cap and they go into rebuild. Then we'll see what Dak is made of! :lol: Although the new TV deal, combined with legalized gambling, may stave off the rebuild for a while longer.

Dak has all the leverage in the situation. He's not a franchise QB, but he is a legit starter, and an above average one, at that.

I operate under the belief that there are 15-20 legitimate starting QBs in the league at any given time and 12-17 teams each year are starting guys who are of backup quality, but are starting because there aren't enough legit starters to go around. That makes legit starters precious commodities.

So, what do you do if you're Jerry? If you pay Dak franchise QB money, you are overpaying. If you don't, he will go on the market and someone else will overpay for him. What are the odds you get a better QB either via draft or the market? Not good.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

is pretty easy to track dak success as a function o' cowboys ol health. can stick any decent qb behind that ol when it is healthyish and production will not drop. have pointed out how at the rb position demarco murray production in virtual every statistical category were superior to elliot's, including big plays and elliot is a top-tier back. will see something similar at qb if a change occurs and another competent signal caller is brought in to helm the offense.

spend big money on dak is a waste with proviso that we do not see another competent qb available. remaining options is quickly dwindling (perhaps gone) and count on the draft is not a good idea.

dak is not worth money he is demanding save for recognition dallas didn't take measures to mitigate his loss and is now stuck with a no-win situation. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Congrats to my Bucs for their forward thinking and long term solution at QB.  I'm sure they will get many years of productive play from Brady behind that porous offensive line. Well... he won't throw 30 picks, 9 of which were pick 6. So it IS an upgrade. I wonder what will happen to JW now? IDGAF really... as ling as it happens elsewhere. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Yeah, seems like a bit of a hail mary. Arians has already retired once and probably doesn't want to deal with raising a new QB, plus the Buccaneers' roster is pretty good right now and probably won't be in a few years (if their drafting history and ability to keep players there is anything to go by, anyways). NFC South is a tough division and Brady isn't getting any younger, though, so it kind of seems like a plan made for just the next 1-2 years in hopes of getting a SB - which hey, if your team wasn't going anywhere fast to begin with may not be the worst idea.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

If Bucs win a SB this is 100% worth it. This the best group of receivers Tommy Terrific has had in... ... ever?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

• 2 weeks later...

Former NFL exec unloads on Tua: Uncovers previously unreported injury, failed physical

"Beyond his well chronicled hip injury.

"Here are the previously reported and undisputed injuries, according to Forbes:

"Broken left index finger (March 2018; no games missed)
"Sprained right knee (October 2018; no games missed)
"Left high ankle sprain (December 2018; surgery; no games missed)
"Right high ankle sprain (October 2019; surgery; 1 game missed)
"Dislocated right hip with posterior acetabular wall fracture (November 2019; surgery; missed final 3.5 games)

"But Mike Lombardi, who worked for the San Francisco 49ers, Philadelphia Eagles, Oakland Raiders, Cleveland Browns and New England Patriots front offices and is plugged in among some scouts and personnel departments, recently unloaded on Tagovailoa’s injury history and reported previously unknown information about multiple broken wrists."

with no way to get tua in to do team physicals before the draft, it will be interesting to see what happens.  no doubt many teams will be dismissive of info or will see as an opportunity to snag a franchise qb if he drops a bit. regardless, tua will be generating a great deal o' drama before he ever steps on the field to play an nfl game.

HA! Good Fun!

I almost feel bad for Vince McMahon. The first time the XFL died because it was terrible. This time it was halfway decent and it died because of a global pandemic. Word is, Vince poured an awful lot of his own money into the XFL, counting on recouping it a couple years down the road with a big TV deal, which is obviously not going to happen now. It just wasn't meant to be, I guess.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2020 at 11:46 AM, Gromnir said:

Former NFL exec unloads on Tua: Uncovers previously unreported injury, failed physical

"Beyond his well chronicled hip injury.

"Here are the previously reported and undisputed injuries, according to Forbes:

"Broken left index finger (March 2018; no games missed)
"Sprained right knee (October 2018; no games missed)
"Left high ankle sprain (December 2018; surgery; no games missed)
"Right high ankle sprain (October 2019; surgery; 1 game missed)
"Dislocated right hip with posterior acetabular wall fracture (November 2019; surgery; missed final 3.5 games)

"But Mike Lombardi, who worked for the San Francisco 49ers, Philadelphia Eagles, Oakland Raiders, Cleveland Browns and New England Patriots front offices and is plugged in among some scouts and personnel departments, recently unloaded on Tagovailoa’s injury history and reported previously unknown information about multiple broken wrists."

with no way to get tua in to do team physicals before the draft, it will be interesting to see what happens.  no doubt many teams will be dismissive of info or will see as an opportunity to snag a franchise qb if he drops a bit. regardless, tua will be generating a great deal o' drama before he ever steps on the field to play an nfl game.

HA! Good Fun!

I can see him dropping, and even Justin Herbert being taken ahead of Tua. But when the dust settles, someone will have taken a chance on Tua in the first round. Just too much upside not to throw the dice on him.