Question: Character Cosmetic Creation: Why?

What's the point of this?

You only see your face if you're in your inventary screens etc or if you go afk.. there is no 3rd person view.. so why have such an indepth body/face cosmetic creation screen? Might as well just go with a default character...

I dunno. I wouldn't say that it doesn't matter - I do remember how my character looked like, and it was tied to my roleplaying, even if his face wasn't visible during gameplay.

It does seem like a lot of commitment. Couple ignorant guesses of someone with no knowledge of how games work:

1) As it is only visible in menus, and doesn't interact with systems within the main game, most of the workload was on the art team, which would finish working earlier then rest of the team, therefore making space for creation of this feature?

2) benefits this game already, and lays groundwork for potential sequel with Third-Person Camera option?

The whole PC model is waste of time, we need floating gun without body. Oldschool.

Why:

It is using same assets as NPC, they are already there.

Mirrors.

Cutscenes.

Suspension of disbelief. We know about the FACE, it is there, watching what we see with our eyes.

Attachment. It is my beard bird girl with tattoos and sideburns.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, evilcat said:

The whole PC model is waste of time, we need floating gun without body. Oldschool.

Why:

Mirrors.

Cutscenes.

Suspension of disbelief. We know about the FACE, it is there, watching what we see with our eyes.

Next use rhyming couplets instead of free verse.

Takes me about 2 mins now to create a new character, before I took 20mins trying to get "perfect" image.. only to discover you never get to see your own face in the game.  In more similar rpg games you do, therefore such depth is welcome.

I do agree that it is potentially for an expansion or dlc or maybe they intended to allow 3rd person, but had to remove it.. for whatever reason, just seems an immense waste of resources that could have been used elsewhere, that making such a ui and design setup that has no real purpose ingame.  It is a nice cosmetic painter tho. 

22 hours ago, evilcat said:

Why:

Mirrors.

Cutscenes.

Haven't seen any mirrors and in the cutscenes you don't see yourself.. I like the cosmetics but.. if we don't see our faces, why go to such depth..