I like Bleak Walker/Soulblade a lot. You can use Whispers of the Endless Paths as you main weapon. It has a cone attack that hits several enemies. If you use Soul Annihilation (special attack of the Soulblade Cipher) the raw damage not only gets applied to the initial target but some also gets applied to the other enemies in the cone. 

Also all AoE hits generate focus.

But the best part is Offensive Parry (enchantment). It hits enemies instantly who miss you. It generates focus for you when it connects. So in order to do that you want to boost your deflection a lot. That means Paladin's passives, Cipher's Borrowed Instinct and Psychovampiric Shield, accuracy debuffs on enemies and items that boost deflection. Also high Resolve.

Against multiple weak opponents this is a lot of fun and against tougher guys you can use your Flames of Devotion (with Ring of Focused Flame). Against single targets you can use Run Through or a backup weapon (like a normal Great Sword for example).

It's a great fun mix of defense and offense. 

Make sure you max your armor. This is most important for chars who want to tank several enemies at once.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

The guide is all wrong, it doesn't tell you to get Bull's Will + Iron Will (but it did get Deep Faith). The most important part of playing an inquisitor is sporadically admiring your impenetrable will defense.

• Haha 2

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

3 hours ago, Boeroer said:

I like Bleak Walker/Soulblade a lot. You can use Whispers of the Endless Paths as you main weapon. It has a cone attack that hits several enemies. If you use Soul Annihilation (special attack of the Soulblade Cipher) the raw damage not only gets applied to the initial target but some also gets applied to the other enemies in the cone. 

But the best part is Offensive Parry (enchantment). It hits enemies instantly who miss you. It generates focus for you when it connects. So in order to do that you want to boost your deflection a lot. That means Paladin's passives, Cipher's Borrowed Instinct and Psychovampiric Shield, accuracy debuffs on enemies and items that boost deflection. Also high Resolve.

Against multiple weak opponents this is a lot of fun and against tougher guys you can use your Flames of Devotion (with Ring of Focused Flame). Against single targets you can use Run Through or a backup weapon (like a normal Great Sword for example).

Make sure you max your armor. This is most important for chars who want to tank several enemies at once.

I cant use Whispers of the Endless Paths(import save). But what about attributes?

You don't need an import save. You can use one of the predefined stories (e.g. "Benevolent Soul" - although that one didn't really fit here ;)) or do those also not exist on consoles?

Attributes depend on the direction your Inquisitor should go (build-wise). 

On 2/7/2020 at 2:53 AM, Boeroer said:

You don't need an import save. You can use one of the predefined stories (e.g. "Benevolent Soul" - although that one didn't really fit here ;)) or do those also not exist on consoles?

Attributes depend on the direction your Inquisitor should go (build-wise). 

ok, but i want import. What you say about crit witch(Berserker/?) with 2 battle axe? how many points put in might? Does carnage generate focus? What to choose: Biting Whip or Draining Whip for each subclass?

Edited by MLGretard

On 2/6/2020 at 1:51 PM, Boeroer said:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My intention is to make an inquisitor as principal. His role would be to help the tank, which do you think should be the distribution of points in skills / attributes, as well as race (I thought of some Divine)

Thank you.

Edited by Abuachumi
Bad write.

Carnage doesn't generate focus. 

Battle Axes are strong because of the modal in synergy with Blood Thirst. But the DoT of Bleeding Cuts doesn't generate focus either. But yes: solid choice - only bad thing: only slash damage.

My recommendation with a Barb/Cipher would always be a Morning Star. The modal helps a LOT to apply certain Cipher spells that target Fortitude, there's a unique Morning Star that also lowers Will on hit (and had hit to crit conversion) and Ciphers can lower Fortitude and Will further with spells easily. With the Barbarian's Brute Force you can crit a lot more because you will automatically target Fortitude if it's lower than Deflection.

Berserker: not too much MIG because Frenzy's self damage will kill you quickly at high levels with a lot of MIG and no countermeasures.

Biting Whip is bad (I don't say such things often). I'd always take Draining Whip.

Cipher Subclass either Beguiler or Ascendant.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Carnage doesn't generate focus. 

Battle Axes are strong because of the modal in synergy with Blood Thirst. But the DoT of Bleeding Cuts doesn't generate focus either. But yes: solid choice - only bad thing: only slash damage.

My recommendation with a Barb/Cipher would always be a Morning Star. The modal helps a LOT to apply certain Cipher spells that target Fortitude, there's a unique Morning Star that also lowers Will on hit (and had hit to crit conversion) and Ciphers can lower Fortitude and Will further with spells easily. With the Barbarian's Brute Force you can crit a lot more because you will automatically target Fortitude if it's lower than Deflection.

Berserker: not too much MIG because Frenzy's self damage will kill you quickly at high levels with a lot of MIG and no countermeasures.

Biting Whip is bad (I don't say such things often). I'd always take Draining Whip.

Cipher Subclass either Beguiler or Ascendant.

Said a mixture of Paladin + Cipher. Or do you advise more Barbaro + cipher? Sorry if I misunderstood you.