I guess you mean the PEN of his damaging imbue effects such as Minor Missiles, Fireball and Death Ring.

Because everything else works just fine.

This problem didn't get fixed. I don't know why. Maybe it was too complicated. However - you can use the Community Patch (see my signature) which makes it so that imbue effects scale their PEN with the Arcana skill. You can switch on/off several parts of the Community Patch in the mod manager menu.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

3 hours ago, Boeroer said:

I guess you mean the PEN of his damaging imbue effects such as Minor Missiles, Fireball and Death Ring.

This problem didn't get fixed. I don't know why. Maybe it was too complicated. However - you can use the Community Patch (see my signature) which makes it so that imbue effects scale their PEN with the Arcana skill. You can switch on/off several parts of the Community Patch in the mod manager menu.

Thank you, you're the best 🙃

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Not really... The duration/damage/number of projectiles doesn't scale either.

The less affected by all this is Pull of Eora, but it comes late and is pretty expensive.

The only thing that makes all these drawbacks feel less painful is the ability to trigger a spell 2-3 times using Driving Flight or/and weapons with bouncing attacks. But, if I remember well, every bounce reduces the damage not only for the arrow, but also for the spell...

PS. I'm not sure if the Imbues get the hidden accuracy bonus/lvl like casters spells, because if it's not the case then you're forced to invest in Arcana just to keep their accuracy viable at higher levels...

• Like 1

Correct, I was talking about penetration only though (because that's what was specifically asked for). So what I basically meant was that Arcane Archer's penetration works just fine (like any Ranger's) besides the penetration of the damaging imbue effects.

The imbue effects don't scale properly with Power Level. But projectile count will scale with the Minor Missile imbue. For example I just fired ImbueMinor Missiles with a lvl-9 Shepherd and then with a lvl-20 Shepherd. Projectile count rose from 4 (3 is base) to 6. Didn't test duration lately but damage still doesn't seem to scale at all for Missiles, Fireball and Death Ring.

The Imbue effects do not suffer from the usual dmg malus of jumps.  Jumps (from Driving Flight etc.) make up for the non-scaling damage.  

The imbue effects get the same ACC from Arcane Archer's Arcana skill and the level bonus as the initial weapon shot gets. So for example my aforementioned lvl-9 Sheperd gets +24 ACC from level for both (shot + imbue effect). At lvl 20 both get +54 ACC. The imbue effects won't profit from stuff like Marksman and Rune Bolts (Spearcaster) and other stuff that's closely tied to weapon-only attack rolls. Shootist from Acina's Tricorn works (for everything as usual).

PS: it seems that the pulsings of Binding Web and Pull of Eora suffer the -5 ACC penalty of Arcane Archer which he usually gets for non-elemental and non-imbue abilites. It seems that once the shot is released the effects are not flagged as imbue/elemental anymore. That's an odd oversight. 😕 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

55 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

PS: it seems that the pulsings of Binding Web and Pull of Eora suffer the -5 ACC penalty of Arcane Archer which he usually gets for non-elemental and non-imbue abilites. It seems that once the shot is released the effects are not flagged as imbue/elemental anymore. That's an odd oversight. 😕 

Given that they are most likely separate effects from original ability, I guess it would be easy to add them the "Imbue" Keyword.

• Thanks 1

On 2/5/2020 at 9:48 AM, Boeroer said:

Not according to my testing, they get exactly the same accuracy as other imbued effects, and the pulsing effect has the imbued keyword in the gamedata files.

That, Web has a secret -5 Accuracy malus (I've spotted it in Game data file), applied both to wizard's and Arcane Archer's versions of the spell, which may explain.

By the way, I remember we discussed about Wounding Shot and Concussive Tranquilizer not applied in an AoE, but it seems OK after testing.

7 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Really? Since when does the DoT of Wounding Shot work with AoE weapons? That must be quite new. 

Owww tested the Hobbled effect from Hobbling Shot. I thought it was about the whole effect. Maybe I should test again to be sure. Tranquilizer dispel works, on this one I'm sure.

13 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Really? Since when does the DoT of Wounding Shot work with AoE weapons? That must be quite new. 

You were right. The DoT part doesn't work on AoE, and seems coded in a such tricky way that makes it complicated to change (if not impossible at all).

• Thanks 1