Traps : Are my companions stupid ?

Hello,
one of my companions have enough mechanic to detect and disable traps, but even if they are visible because our mechanic skills my group is stupid enough to walk on it ...

This should be fixed, if one of the companions can see the traps and disable them we can assume he can speak to the others (spread the info about trap location) and the others never will put their feet on detected traps...

With the personalised arrangement (character position) i always put Eder first (he have enough mechanic to detect and disable traps), and he always should be the first, but the others are always trying to bypass him and go 1st...

It is a conception error and it should be fixed please, traps must never be triggered if they are detected...

More than this (about the personal companion position), if the watcher is not the first, the one to lead (eder 1st or any other), the entire group can be blocked by a stairs or a corridor, they are stuck, and i need to change their position to one of the pre-set position formation (arrangement or whatever the correct term is)...

Edited by fced

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

7 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Activate "auto-pause" and "end movement" on trap detection in the game options menu at any time. 

i used this on POE 1, but sometime it "auto pause" several time and it can be more annoying than helping... but it don't explain why the others companions walk on a detected trap...

Usually to prevent any accident, i am using Triangle on PS4 to have the cursor and i scan the room with it/disable traps when i found one, but today the traps were detected, all my companions behind Eder, and one of them find a way to trigger the detected traps, resulting in everybody wounded (-2 dexterity and more) by a detected trap and a fight triggered... 

Edited by fced

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

1 minute ago, fced said:

i used this on POE 1, but sometime it "auto pause" several time and it can be more annoying than helping... but it don't explain why the others companions walk on a detected trap...

in Deadfire there are items that care about injuries, so very occasionally I *want* to set off traps deliberately with party members to trigger injuries. so keeping that option open seems valuable.

also there are parts of the game where you can't go around a detected trap (e.g. it takes up the entire path). in such a case I'm going to willingly set it off just to get to where i'm going.

9 minutes ago, thelee said:

in Deadfire there are items that care about injuries, so very occasionally I *want* to set off traps deliberately with party members to trigger injuries. so keeping that option open seems valuable.

also there are parts of the game where you can't go around a detected trap (e.g. it takes up the entire path). in such a case I'm going to willingly set it off just to get to where i'm going.

in that case (if you want to trigger a trap to wound a selected companion) you can move it manually on the trap, i have no problem with this, my problem is when you move the entire group, one is stupid enough to walk on a detected trap... we can assume the team speak and share informations about enemies, traps, etc...

PS : may be i should have put mechanic on another character than Eder, because he don't have enough perception to detect traps...

Edited by fced