Some item effects show, some don't.. why?

So why are some item effects just not listed on your character summary anymore?   If I equip something like the Swordmans' Bracers which adds "glancing strikes" do I just have to trust that it's working as intended?  Do item effects still get suppressed? Like do ring of protection, cloak of protection stack or suppress?  (and why don't they show up under current effects either?)

Coming straight from POE1 and having never played this before I have to say that a lot of the changes feel really, really weird. 😛   I knew there were changes but this feels like too much change. 

Ok, those bracers seem to be a bit of an exception. Usually that list is quite exhaustive.

The saving throw bonuses stack, and you can check them by mousing over your defenses.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Thanks guys.  I think I was just having a freak out moment at all the changes which made my cave man brain feel stupid and threatened.  I'm having fun with the game and the new character models / animations and maps are great.  (I'm still giving the 'choose your own adventure" maps a bit of the stinky eyeball mainly because in Poe1 story time usually meant injury time for me or one of my companions.)