Saved games will not load (PS4)

I got the game on release, played for about 20 hours (just finished up sneaking into the fort to deal with the pirate who attacks you in the beginning) and when I turned on the game to play this morning I was met with the error message:  "There was an error loading the next map. Returned to Main Menu to prevent save game corruption." and returned to the main menu. This happen on every single save file (3 autosaves and 5 hardsaves) for this character. I can start a new game and saves from that character will load still but none of my main file will load at all. I've seen this is an issue that has occurred on pc before, usually fixed by tweaking files that us console users simply don't have access to but couldn't find anything on the issue regarding the ps4. I'm assuming that my file is just lost, but I'd like to know why it happened and how to prevent it in the future if anyone knows, as well as bring it to the attention of the developers on the off chance that they aren't already aware it's a thing on ps4 and will actually fix it in some way. Kinda frustrating paying $60 for a game that's been out for years only to have to restart because of a game-breaking bug, especially when you don't know what caused it or if your new game's files will simply stop loading as well in due time, but that's what I get for thinking anyone is actually trustworthy enough to pre-order from I suppose.

• Thanks 1

Oh man that's too bad.

You are right: we had that bug on PC as well but since I haven't seen it for ages I forgot what the solutions could be. I will try to find out and if I do (and it might work on consoles) I will post again.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I'd appreciate it. Even if you don't have a workable solution for consoles, I just want to understand what causes something like this so that I don't just start a new game and have the same thing happen all over again. Like how can all 8 of my save files suddenly be corrupt? It doesn't make sense to me, been really enjoying the game and will still enjoy it when I start over but I don't know how many times that I could lose all saves and still enjoy restarting so I want to wait until I can at least reasonably understand what is causing the bug before trying to start over.

Fully uninstalling and reinstalling the game did nothing, so my current game is probably lost regardless barring a miracle fix update I won't hold my breath for, I just want to understand why this happened and if/how it can be avoided in the future. 

I read a bit into it (mostly posts from 2018) and the comments of @BMac about those issues. It may be that it's a bad quest state in your save files which causes this. But it's just wild guessing. I tagged BMac so he maybe sees this and can answer.  Hope you can fix it!

Having the same problem. One of my auto-saves however seems to be working though. I can play the game non-stop from that save, however if I die, and need to reload again, I won't be able continue, and need to start again all the way from that auto-save....very frustrating and I dont know what to do.

3 hours ago, Sarevok88 said:

I won't be able continue, and need to start again all the way from that auto-save....very frustrating and I dont know what to do.

I would say that's pretty unacceptable. Did you guys scan the Versus Evil forum or the technical subforum for any news on this (like maybe there's a patch coming or a workaround)?  

2 hours ago, Boeroer said:

I would say that's pretty unacceptable. Did you guys scan the Versus Evil forum or the technical subforum for any news on this (like maybe there's a patch coming or a workaround)?  

Do you know what the link is to the forum? Tried looking earlier but couldn't find it. Thanks.

Ooops - I only assumed that versus evil had a forum and stuff (Paradox who did the console port of PoE, had that).
Now checked and they seem to have not. :(

Only way to contact them seems to be Twitter, Facebook and via eMail.

Deafire's technical subforum is here (I saw you already posted there, just for other readers who might find this) :

https://forums.obsidian.net/forum/130-pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire-technical-support-spoiler-warning/