PS4 Crash

HiTmAn77

Question

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2020 at 12:30 AM, HiTmAn77 said:

Are you kidding me Obsidian? The game is crashing all 15 minutes on PS4 pro. Have you even tested your own game? 

I have bought the game prior to launch so from the start and have hereby given Playstation maybe what...25 to 50 error screens with pictures, video and whatnot.

From what I gather, Obsidian just states on their website 'If you have issues with the port just contact Versus Evil, not our problem', and Versus Evil is not answering to anything from the PS4 store.

Products with these many bugs and crashes normally don't get through quality control and the way Obsidian waylays any criticism from the get-go makes me believe they were fully aware of them but just launched (for full price at 59 euro!) anyway and grab the cash.

As there is no bug fix or any update whatsoever to the game, I check every day, I am going to demand playstation for a refund, I've had it. I've also been with obsidian for a while but this is the final nail for me, going from asking backers money to launch things to this is just ridiculous

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 4:20 AM, fced said:

Me too, fix this game !!! It is not a serious work, 99% of the games i play crash one time per week or per month, and usually it is because i put the console in sleep mode with the game still launched, but Deadfire is crashing too much frequently for a finished product. (only this night it crashed 4 or 5 times in less than one hour - i speak of a PS4 blue screen) i am in Poko Hara (inside)...

I am happy to have the game and will not ask for a refund (unless the  the frustration of the crashes make the pleasure to play Deadfire disappear) but make it work please, you had plenty of time since POE to make a stable version of the game.

PS4 Pro + SSD (game on SSD)

Once you get further in the game, with the DLC, there are spots where even moving is nigh on impossible, it considers you in constant combat mode while no foes, so you cannot click on items and certain portals needed, I found to remedy that was to open as much things like maps, status, etc. so it forces it to jump, and then detects those portals; Once teleported, it bugs like that again and you need to spend minutes trying to force it. Then once you get further than that area, it keeps crashing in a battle. Between that and the absurd loading times, I actually yesterday calculated it and for 5 minutes of actual gaming, you spend an hour of loading, crashing, etc.; I'm sorry but between fulltime work and other hobbies, this is just not acceptable for a 59 euro full price game and warrants a refund

34 minutes ago, Bart D said:

Once you get further in the game, with the DLC, there are spots where even moving is nigh on impossible, it considers you in constant combat mode while no foes, so you cannot click on items and certain portals needed, I found to remedy that was to open as much things like maps, status, etc. so it forces it to jump, and then detects those portals; Once teleported, it bugs like that again and you need to spend minutes trying to force it. Then once you get further than that area, it keeps crashing in a battle. Between that and the absurd loading times, I actually yesterday calculated it and for 5 minutes of actual gaming, you spend an hour of loading, crashing, etc.; I'm sorry but between fulltime work and other hobbies, this is just not acceptable for a 59 euro full price game and warrants a refund

i will add it to my bug list, thank you for the infos ... I didn't started the dlcs yet, but now i am ... ... afraid..

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

8 hours ago, jiwei said:

I am not sure i want to say them Hello, i have plenty of thing to tell them, and this is not Hello, it would probaly be something like : You #@*`*  ***** ****** ***** ***** *¨***** **** f***** B**** Y***** B***** the game now repair it, you little thugs which don't know what mean a proper work...

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

3 minutes ago, fced said:

i will add it to my bug list, thank you for the infos ... I didn't started the dlcs yet, but now i am ... ... afraid..

Hi. It's in Beast Of Winter. At a certain point you can go in different directions through portals and I chose what is called, I believe, 'drowned' zone something. That area has multiple teleportation spots, and several areas you need to click on and get a number of possibilities. From the get-go once you enter the area, you are locked in combat mode. There is no way out of it, tried resetting the PS4, reloading the game, even tried making it crash a couple of times with the 'enchant item bug' and reloading it.

It's impossible to continue in the mode, what I found is that you are either stuck with the 5 crosses to make the party move, or you could at random intervals have the cursor change into the one that has you point at an area or item to interact with; However, when it does that, it stays locked as such for ANY area on the screen, and you can't actually click on anything, it's just….frozen. once there is an enemy, combat does work normally.

The only solution I found was opening status, opening map then world map, opening inventory, etc. then going back and sooner or later doing that you had a split second that it 'forces' the cursor to seem to take the actual screen into account, and you can click on the portal or item or dead foe's items. Once you get teleported, it's locked again.

Essentially, and I timed it, for an area that, apart from reading all the text, probably takes about 5 minutes to walk from spot to spot, it takes you ages to try to be able to move and interact like this + loading times + the occasional bug and crash. It's just not playable. I noticed an item sticking out somewhere where water went down due to my actions and I just couldn't be bothered, I ran as fast as I saw an exit.

Once in that exit, there are more battles and it went crashing there too.

I haven't been able to finish The Forgotton Sanctum DLC for this reason as well, the final battle kept crashing and returning to the PS4 desktop. So I took a few saves back, ran out of the DLC, and started beast of Winter. Which seems to be equally broken.

Apart from the enchanting bug, the bugs seem FAR worse in the DLC than in the regular game from what I saw, too. It's like they gave up playtesting at that point and rushed out the product

FYI, I received this:

Thank you for writing and I am sorry to hear you’ve experienced issues in Deadfire that have negatively impacted your gameplay experience. The Developer is hard at work on fixing the major common bugs that have been reported, however I must ask for your understanding as this is a very large game so these solutions will take time to research, implement, and test. I assure we are committed to bringing players the best game experience possible so we will continue to search for ways to improve the console port as we go.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you during your playthrough.

Regards,

Amanda Kirby

Versus.Evil

Community & Influencer Manager

Discord: Maevri#0001

Twitter: @MaevriPlays

• Thanks 2

The IGN just introduces the system, combat  or other great about this game, but it never tells a little about the crash and the bull**** bugs.so shame!

IGN comes again??? 

Edited by jiwei
change the link to the video
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Bart D said:

I have bought the game prior to launch so from the start and have hereby given Playstation maybe what...25 to 50 error screens with pictures, video and whatnot.

From what I gather, Obsidian just states on their website 'If you have issues with the port just contact Versus Evil, not our problem', and Versus Evil is not answering to anything from the PS4 store.

Products with these many bugs and crashes normally don't get through quality control and the way Obsidian waylays any criticism from the get-go makes me believe they were fully aware of them but just launched (for full price at 59 euro!) anyway and grab the cash.

As there is no bug fix or any update whatsoever to the game, I check every day, I am going to demand playstation for a refund, I've had it. I've also been with obsidian for a while but this is the final nail for me, going from asking backers money to launch things to this is just ridiculous

Good luck. Tried that. They told me the only way I can get refunded is through VersusEvil and they just flat out ignore you. Seems Sony doesn't care what trash gets through the door to the psn store anymore. They're getting a cut of the profit anyway. Obsidian had massive potential, but now? Ha. VersusEvil ruined them, and they just don't seem to care. Same thing always happens, a company is fantastic until they get a taste of the money they make from a good sale and then it's "Oh wow, we got em now, let's squeeze every penny out of them and ignore them." Hence why no word from Obsidian on the matter. They know what they're doing is slimy.

Versus Evil😈 begin to collect the bugs for POE2 on console.

If you experience any other errors or bugs during your playthrough, please send a report to support@vsevil.net so we can forward them to the Developer.