PS4 Crash

HiTmAn77

Question

i created a topic in the support to list the game problems, bugs crashes etc...
Feel free to add anything you notified, may be in one or two years it will be read ;(

• Thanks 1

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

Me too, fix this game !!! It is not a serious work, 99% of the games i play crash one time per week or per month, and usually it is because i put the console in sleep mode with the game still launched, but Deadfire is crashing too much frequently for a finished product. (only this night it crashed 4 or 5 times in less than one hour - i speak of a PS4 blue screen) i am in Poko Hara (inside)...

I am happy to have the game and will not ask for a refund (unless the  the frustration of the crashes make the pleasure to play Deadfire disappear) but make it work please, you had plenty of time since POE to make a stable version of the game.

PS4 Pro + SSD (game on SSD)

Edited by fced
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

Please, fix the game, its always CE-34878-0  crash error. Most often it happens then you are at fight. Im playin in turn based mode.

And i did reinstall the game, then i reinstall it to external hard drive, and then i made initialization for my ps4 pro deliting all data, but nothing helps!
And i dont have the same crash in other games for my ps.

I just dont want to tell about the longest loading screans on my console like im loading The Witcher 3 huge  3d map, instead of 2d map with minimal graphics and its loading even then i enter in the smallest area in it.

Its a shame guys, like its your first game.

• Thanks 2

On 1/31/2020 at 7:01 PM, andy8472 said:

Me too, Keep getting PS4 error codes in Keketaka, Even corrupted some save files & had to backtrack abit!

This is good to know, i will create several saves to avoid losing too much time in case this happen...
I have found another bug, sometime pressing triangle (to have the cursor) don't work, cursor is not visible and we have to restart the game to fix this...

Really the developpers should do something, a good start on our side would be to list all the bugs we found (in a special topic) to help them ...

Edited by fced
  • Thanks 1

Well, I'm not sure if Obsidian devs are really responsible for these bugs, because the console port was done by another company grip-digital.

But I really wonder how this game go through Sonys certification process... They used to be pretty strict on bugs like crashes, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Aurelio said:

Well, I'm not sure if Obsidian devs are really responsible for these bugs, because the console port was done by another company grip-digital.

But I really wonder how this game go through Sonys certification process... They used to be pretty strict on bugs like crashes, etc.

I agree, seems crazy it got though testing! My game is broken, Every time I try to change team members the game crashes! Good game broken port!

Edited by andy8472
  • Thanks 2

On 2/4/2020 at 7:30 AM, Aurelio said:

It is not the first time we buy a game completely broken (which pass Sony Certification), i remember Anthem, POE and some others...
At least Obsidian should buy some consoles and pay some players to test their games with different config (PS4, PS4 pro, PS4 Pro with SSD, XBox One, etc), and of course patch their game regularly as soon a bug is discovered...
I have the feeling they consider their game (Deadfire) as a finished and perfect product, a little voice in my head tell me they won't fix anything like on POE PS4.

Edited by fced
  • Thanks 1

Now the poe1 and wasteland2 in the ps4 still have so many bugs.Then the developers have stopped to fix these problem and let them go.

ps: Please Obsidian don't complain so few sales volume,just learn the actions to optimize your games from CD Projekt Red😒.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2020 at 3:44 AM, jiwei said:

Now the poe1 and wasteland2 in the ps4 still have so many bugs.Then the developers have stopped to fix these problem and let them go.

ps: Please Obsidian don't complain so few sales volume,just learn the actions to optimize your games from CD Projekt Red😒.

Today i got another type of crash on PS4, after a fight on Poko Hara,i gone in the inventory to see the little desert dragon i got, and the game freezed the PS4, nothing was possible to fix this, can't leave the game, can't access to PS4 desktop menu, can't shutdown the PS4 with the button, only way to fix this was to remove the power cable from the PS4, and I HATE TO DO THIS BECAUSE THIS IS DANGEROUS FOR ANY COMPUTER SYSTEM...

Edit : I got the same PS4 Freeze crash 10 mn after, it happened when i opened the inventory on Poko Hara

So please FIX THIS GAME !!!

Edited by fced
  • Thanks 1

On 2/4/2020 at 7:30 AM, Aurelio said:

it is their responsability to make their game work correctly, and even if they didn't done the console code ... Here we say a happy customer will bring you 10 other customers, a angry customer will tell 100 other customers your work is not serious... this is what is happening now, if a friend ask me about Deadfire i will tell him the game could be nice but it is full of bugs, poorly coded and i fear it break my PS4 Pro, of course i will make sure he spread the word to his friends, and i am sure i am not the only one doing this...
In my job i alway ensure my customers are happy with what i provide them...

Leaving the game in its actual state is irresponsible...

Edited by fced
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours in and ALL of my saves a fuc#$%.... I can live with the small glitches but wtf man? How in the hell. Did this game get through testing???? This could be a great game but it's not complete... Another refund fest like Blizzard had to do for turning out garbage. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Rexore said:

15 hours in and ALL of my saves a fuc#$%.... I can live with the small glitches but wtf man? How in the hell. Did this game get through testing???? This could be a great game but it's not complete... Another refund fest like Blizzard had to do for turning out garbage. 

That happened to me too, such BS

• Thanks 1

On 2/8/2020 at 11:55 AM, andy8472 said:

That happened to me too, such BS

I had to restart a ng after 30 hours for different reasons, because i didn't payed attention we could create an Import (with re-create all our POE Choices), don't wait an answer, tbh i played POE and i never got any answer to my questions/problems from the devs on the forum. Start a new game (you should have some Berath blessing) and let's hope they will fix this mess soon...

Edited by fced
  • Thanks 1

You guys are out of your mind if you think for one second they're gonna fix this game. They have zero communication with the players. They prolly don't even know it's broken, or don't care. Good luck on that refund by the way. I've been trying to get one for a week and being flat out ignored. Probably because VersusEvil is a garbage company. They're legit worse than Nexon.

Edited by Oh-Nay-Sama
  • Thanks 1

On 2/12/2020 at 2:31 PM, Oh-Nay-Sama said:

You guys are out of your mind if you think for one second they're gonna fix this game. They have zero communication with the players. They prolly don't even know it's broken, or don't care. Good luck on that refund by the way. I've been trying to get one for a week and being flat out ignored. Probably because VersusEvil is a garbage company. They're legit worse than Nexon.

We are mostly frustrated, and angry because the game is broken, we all have our life, and a dedicated time to play (for some it is 1 hour per day) and we spend 30% of this time relaunching the game because it crashed, certainly you can sympathize ...

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, fced said:

We are mostly frustrated, and angry because the game is broken, we all have our life, and a dedicated time to play (for some it is 1 hour per day) and we spend 30% of this time relaunching the game because it crashed, certainly you can sympathize ...

Oh I can sympathize. I know exactly how you feel. I only have a few hours between work and sleep to play. Or try. If I'm not in a loading screen, I'm crashing to the dash board. And that's IF my save didn't get corrupted from my last crash. This game is a joke and has permanently stained my outlook on the company.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Oh-Nay-Sama said:

Oh I can sympathize. I know exactly how you feel. I only have a few hours between work and sleep to play. Or try. If I'm not in a loading screen, I'm crashing to the dash board. And that's IF my save didn't get corrupted from my last crash. This game is a joke and has permanently stained my outlook on the company.

Agreed, each time i see Versus Evil screen when i launch the game, i curse them, they ears should whistle now (i am sure a lot of players do the same)....

• Thanks 2