Xbox Bug - Enchanting crashes Game

s8canadian

Question

I' m not sure the proper location to post or report bugs. I never noticed this on the PC version of the game but on my xboxone - if I attempt to enchant an item the game crashes consistently.

I've tried resetting my xbox (via the 10 second power) and it still crashes.  I don't know if it's particular items or what it is.

I've also noticed that the menus become unresponsive at times too in various cases, like ship combat too.  It doesn't crash but I can't view details like seeing my cannons where on the pc I can mouse over stuff.

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

This ^.  I have all of these problems and so much more. This console port is a bug riddled mess.

Pets don't show up following my party anymore.

Everything is perpetually lit up with circles and interaction highlights all the sudden. Before you ask it is not in the options, I've checked double checked and checked again.

Shop menus, game menus, all menus will just stop being interactable and you have to reload a previous save.

Enchanting suddenly just crashes the game for no good reason. All enchanting.

The Dhow ship is not for sale in Queen's Berth. Voyager, galleon and junk. That's it.

The game will crash or just close to main screen whenever the hell it pleases. Usually after a major fight so you have to redo the entire thing.

Let's not forget the incessant load screens. Load screen after load screen after screen. I started charging NPCs by the amount of load screens I had to slog through to conplete the quest.  "What's that Queen Nefertikiquetzacol? Go check in down at the watershapers guild? Ummm...that's ten fricking load screens round trip. It's gonna cost ya." (I use an SSD so I doesn't get much faster with an Xbone)

While the load screens aren't in themselves a bug the 'Error could not load next map. Closing game to prevent file file corruption.' While I appreciate my game file not getting corrupted from that it really sucks periodically trying get through yet another load screen and surprise the game has closed. On top of that you don't get the autosave from switching zones. You lose whatever progress you may have had. There is a reason EVERY OTHER rpg Poe is similar to autosaves BEFORE you leave the zone.

There's more I just can't think of anything else right now.

Versus Evil may have done a good job porting the game. I don't know, I'm not a game dev. I do know that PoE1 ports were buggy as hell as well. Look at the mess PoE was on switch. I know first hand the mess PoE2 is. It's really a damn shame too. There are not enough of theae style games on Xbox. Let alone quality ones like Pillars of Eternity. I get that there isn't a huge market for them. When you use a third party who **** it up and pushes out a bug riddled mess like this it's going to create even less of a market. Obsidian your name is on this. I've followed you through many, many games over the past couple decades. Crap like this leaves a pretty bad taste in my mouth and whether it's your fault directly or not it's your game. YOU PAID to have it ported, do some dame quality control.

Sincerely an old, frustrated gamer who knows better and expects better and knows you do too.

same for ps4, enchanting and change cannon or we on ship 95% result in a blue screen. I played poe 1 recently and its not bugged as this mess i had to re-do 2 char one 10 the other 18 h cuz of ''can't load for prevent file dmg'' on 6 different saves, now don't even save more eithermanually or autosave lost hours and cant progress. A real shame

• Like 1

All console ports have this bug.

People have found solutions like minimising the items, either by selling a bunch, or disbanding party members on the ship while loading a small number of items on the watcher, as otherwise the game gets an overload of data on unique items and crashes; But seriously, that's not our job and just one of many errors, I can't be arsed with all that, and so much time after launch, nothing about this seems to be getting fixed.

• Thanks 1

Have someone tried to put every unique item in a container (the one on the first ship in the captain room for example) and keep only the item you want to enchant and see if it crash ? I suspect the problem come from the quantity of unique items we have with us..., sadly only the first ship have containers in the captain room...

Edit : I have given all my unique items except those i want to enchant to my companions, they i gone on the ship deck (i am no more part of the team) and finally the game didn't crashed when i clicked Enchant.... (Better way than selling all items or returning to the starting ship but now i have to put all the items back in the reserve)

Edited by fced

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...