Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4

Greetings, Watchers!

We are excited to announce that Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - Ultimate Edition was released for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 yesterday, and we have been excitedly reading and watching all of the posts you have been sharing throughout the internet. 

For our Watchers waiting for the Nintendo Switch release, when we have an update on that port, we’ll be sure to share it with you all.

While we have you here, our very own Alec Frey, Production Director here at Obsidian, wrote an article going over what is took to make a boss fight for Deadfire. However, the example talked about in this article is regarding an encounter in The Forgotten Sanctum DLC, so if you have not experienced this DLC yet, you may want to wait to read the article as there are things discussed that could be considered spoilers.

For those of you who are busy getting to know your new Watcher, or are ready to continue your adventure in Eora again with your Watcher, we would love to learn more about your Watcher and how they got started on this adventure! Feel free to visit our Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Characters Builds, Strategies & the Unity Engine (Spoiler Warning) and share your Watcher with us! We love reading all the creative backstories and how you choose to play your character.

Lastly, should you encounter any issues while playing the game, feel free to check our Technical Support forums to see if your issue has been reported and whether a resolution has been found. If you cannot find your issue, you can start a new thread and share your issue and any additional information you think might be helpful in finding a resolution for this. You can also reach out to the Versus Evil Support Team so they can work with you to help you get back to your adventures.

Thank you for all of your support, Watchers, and good luck out there adventuring through Eora.

• Shyla pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

So a few things that you might want to fix in the new patch for the XBOX version. 

1. Constant sound of water flowing, no matter where you go in game. 

2. Removing a person from group will still have them show up in all maps of the game. I’m sure this is probably a bug?

3. Unable to remove party members weapons. 

4. Constant crashing or having the game say it “couldn’t load map”.

5. Upgrading a person gear will also make the game crash or freeze. 

This is what I managed to find in a day of game play. 

15 hours ago, Kyroh said:

So a few things that you might want to fix in the new patch for the XBOX version. 

1. Constant sound of water flowing, no matter where you go in game. 

2. Removing a person from group will still have them show up in all maps of the game. I’m sure this is probably a bug?

3. Unable to remove party members weapons. 

4. Constant crashing or having the game say it “couldn’t load map”.

5. Upgrading a person gear will also make the game crash or freeze. 

This is what I managed to find in a day of game play. 

Not only on Xbox, on PS4 too, if you want to check a list of bugs, have a look in the support section of the forum... I created a topic which list all problems..

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

It's good that you made a detailed list. The only problem is that it's not Obsidian who did the port. That list should go to Versus Evil (I don't know which company they enlisted to do the port). I doubt that anybody from Obsidian will take this list and forward it to them - since they don't support Deadfire with patches etc. anymore. I doubt they are even reading the technical support forum atm. :( Maybe they do though, but my experience suggests otherwise...

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

It's good that you made a detailed list. The only problem is that it's not Obsidian who did the port. That list should go to Versus Evil (I don't know which company they enlisted to do the port). I doubt that anybody from Obsidian will take this list and forward it to them - since they don't support Deadfire with patches etc. anymore. I doubt they are even reading the technical support forum atm. :( Maybe they do though, but my experience suggests otherwise...

Out of curiosity I tried to find some forum of Versus Evil, but found nothing. It would be good to have a link to paste here, so that people know where to post their complaints.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Boeroer said:

I know, but it is Obsidian responsability to read this list and transmit it to their contractor (Obsidian is the game creator), I am graphic/web designer, sometime i give work to somebody who have a knowledge i miss, and if my customer have a problem with this work, i will solve it, i will not tell my customer to contact my subcontractor... And same for Versus Evil, it would be irresponsible to them if they don't come here check the technical support forum...
Versus Evil don't even have a forum dedicated to the game they ported on Console...
What is a forum ? give me 1 day i create a working forum
, with a chat and everything (PHP BB), The simple fact Versus Evil don't have a forum mean they are not serious or they consider them as subcontrator (mean : it is not their job to collect infos on the game they ported, it is Obsidian job)...
An info about a Discord channel splitted on Reddit with an invitation system, 24 hours later the invitation don't work anymore... It is not our job to peel Internet to find a way to send them info, Google POE Forum, Deadfire Forum or tech support you will find Obsidian Forum, for me it is the correct way to do things.

I am a little angry against Obsidian like all of us Console players, because they don't communicate with us, don't underestimate the power of a single word, in fact like us they are they have been swindled (not sure it is the correct term), i mean Obsidian are Victim like us in this story... but it is time they show their teeth to Versus Evil...

PS : i also sent a link to my topic list to one of the developpers (message not read yet) Cdiaz

Edited by fced

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

You didn't try superhard though. ;)

Check the Versus Evil Twitter or Discord to get news. It's too bad they don't have any blog or news on their website.

Edit: checked Twitter myself and there isn't much information on patches besides PoE for Switch. But I read that the devs give rel. detailed answer on their discord server. It's not the best PR policy if you ask me but that's where the info is I guess. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I saw a recent (not too pleasant) update from Versus Evil about PoE1 on the Switch:

Reading about those problems I believe that there wasn't much progress with Deadfire so far. I could be totally wrong though and I am by no means an official source or anything.

• Sad 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...