PS4 Deadfire import query?

3 hours ago, Daniele Cresci said:

Really excited to be getting into PoE2, but can we really not import our save data from PoE? What was this check mark for in the settings?

Poe 2 settings

that doesnt have to do with the save file only you get the same reactivity if you create your own save choices once you start up  POE2

Edited by draego

It seems like a massive oversight if we cannot import our saves from PoE1, as the decision to create our own memories are pretty much the flags that the game would read anyway, it's a fairly basic feature that exists in many games, even the P.C version, will it be coming in the near future? Only I cannot remember al of my decision from the game due to how long ago I played it.

The POE choices you can re-create while creating a NG, are very limited, from what i have seen when i created my NG, you just choose which type of character you played (Evil, Good, ...)... nothing more..

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

Yeah, those are a bunch of presets. Go to the main menu and then options, and you can create a finely tuned history there and save it. Then it will be available on that list.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

4 hours ago, fced said:

The POE choices you can re-create while creating a NG, are very limited, from what i have seen when i created my NG, you just choose which type of character you played (Evil, Good, ...)... nothing more..

When you're in front of The Pallid knight, press the square button & you can create a custom save there. You'll literally be checking the flags that an import would make, hope you can remember all of your choices & all of the characters...massive pain if you played the game multiple times, with multiple characters & many different choices 🙄

• Like 1

On 1/31/2020 at 3:55 PM, coldsteelblue said:

When you're in front of The Pallid knight, press the square button & you can create a custom save there. You'll literally be checking the flags that an import would make, hope you can remember all of your choices & all of the characters...massive pain if you played the game multiple times, with multiple characters & many different choices 🙄

Really ? the only possibility i saw during the NG creation was to import a pre-created character (which was absolutely none of mine on POE),  or to create one new, i selected new character and the game only asked me which type of personality i had on POE...

I will be more careful for my next ng... but tbh i was expecting to be able to choose a POE Save, like it happen on many games...
Thank You ^

Edited by fced

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

Import should be better made, in my first NG i didn't even noticed it, and when i found one of my companion (with choices which was not corresponding my choices in POE), and according this topic (i discovered we can re-create our choices here) i decided to recreate a ng with my old POE choices. I spent some time re-choosing carefully to make it correspond to my choices in POE, and when i found Pallegina, it appear i made a mistake in the choices (my choice was to create a fair trade between the three faction in POE, and in my actual game she is a ship guardian???? - ) ..
Why can't we summarize our choices during the import ???? As soon we made a choice (for some at least like the companions) we can't return back to check if choice is correctly set, it disappear and we can't double check...

In a correctly made game, after we made all our decision choices we should have a summarize window, with all our choices, and the possibility to change them is they are not correct...

how much time will i restart this game to have correct choices, in the actual state of the game we chose and hours after we realize we made an error ?? it is a draft, not a perfectly finished product...

Please FIX THIS mess (Deadfire PS4)

Also some of the choices i made in POE were not black or white but Grey (Animancy in Dirwood must continue but with cautious, not just continue like childrens playing with weapons)...

Edited by fced

For what it's worth: I just saw a tweet from the official @WorldOfEternity account that said that Versus Evil couldn't manage to port the import function in time but is currently working on it so it can be patched. Didn't say when.

You might have guessed that such a feature should be top priority for release (basically when everybody who has a PoE savegame wants to import their chars) - but silly you, it was not... ;)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2020 at 1:39 AM, Boeroer said:

For what it's worth: I just saw a tweet from the official @WorldOfEternity account that said that Versus Evil couldn't manage to port the import function in time but is currently working on it so it can be patched. Didn't say when.

You might have guessed that such a feature should be top priority for release (basically when everybody who has a PoE savegame wants to import their chars) - but silly you, it was not... ;)

That’s too bad and I was rushing to finish my PS4 PoE save in time to import. RL intervened and 6 weeks later I’m finally getting Deadfire for PS4 but I haven’t heard that it was patched in yet. Do you know if the ridiculously low console stash limit of 100 was removed for Deadfire? At least in Caed Nua there was lots of places to stash stuff. The Boat, if memory serves, there was 2-3 containers tops.