Need to find setting that affects Companions prelevel

I recently finished up a play through of PoE 1 and enjoyed it very much!  Now I met my first companion at level 2 and I cannot level her choices going from level 1 to level 2.  In PoE1 I found a setting that for example if I met Kana at level 5 then I could not change attributes or level 1 abilities/choices but I could choose his leveling path from 1 to 5.

The esc Options - Game didn't give me a choice on that and I can't find a setting.

I don't think that's what he meant. He's talking about the auto-level-up option of companions (when you pick them up for the first time).

After starting or loading a playthrough you can escape and go into Options-->Difficulty (I believe you can't pick that submenu from the starting screen and that may be the reason why you couldn't find it like in PoE).

There you'll have the following option:

disable_auto-level.png?dl=1

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

27 minutes ago, claudius said:

Thanks yet that worked for me.  I expected it to be in the 'game' sub menu rather than the 'difficulty' submenu so couldn't find it.

I feel you. Had the same problem the first time I played Deadfire and picked up Edér. :)

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods