Edit: Ok wow, this was easy, but I actually don't see it mentioned anywhere how to get it. Been datamining and scratching my head over this for two hours now. It's not a very tricky thing so I'm sure loads have done it, just haven't shared it with the internet.

Step 1: Examine the house, doesn't matter if you fail the perception check. I don't know what the ability check here is, so can't speak for it.
Step 2: Enter the house. There are two ability checks available here as well. You don't need to do them. Might even be bad to do.
Step 3: After entering the house, you notice the bodies. All you need to do now is flee the house, not pursue the arsonists. You can do all the other things if you want, even try to loot the bodies, as long as you choose to flee the house in the end.
Step 4: A priestess of Amira (Hylea) will ask you if anyone survived. If you tell her to check for herself [Cruel], you get nothing. If you say nothing (no disposition) or that you're afraid not [Honest], you get a Huana Charm Belt and Amira's Blessing: +2 dexterity to your party until you rest.

And if you find yourself having a dilemma... the arsonists drop nothing special.

Edited by omgFIREBALLS
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Nope. Well, I'm playing with No Forced Rests so I guess it's possible this normally causes a rest, but it seems a very unlikely thing, considering there's no "x hours passed" involved. I kept all my until-rest bonuses.

• Like 1

My Deadfire mods

• 3 weeks later...

It's a random street event that can happen while traveling between points in Nekataka after you've gone to Serpent's Crown and had the scene with all the major players in the palace. You should be able to trigger this event before Hasongo, but the rate at which you can encounter events increases significantly afterwards if you still don't encounter the event before then.

Edited by UltimaLuminaire
  • Like 1

I recall that in a related datamining effort I discovered that this event (and the other stuff like the dog figurine, oozing well etc) seemingly only requires you to have visited all the Neketaka districts.

Actually, they had minimum levels too. I don't have the game installed anymore so I can't check.

Edited by omgFIREBALLS

My Deadfire mods