Jump to content
Amentep

Politics, local-national-global-galactic

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Chilloutman said:

Well your economy is booming,

>The economy is one of those few things on which the sitting presidents have between little and f*** all influence. Not that it stops him from taking credit for it of course. But the effects of fiscal policy is usually felt between half and a full decade later.

you actually didnt started any new wars, actually you reduced troops in middle east.

>Not for lack of trying. But Iran didn't take the bait, despite him trying very, very hard to goad them into war.

You are now tackling communist China which exploits and kill its own citizens on mass.

>Trump doesn't give a flying f*** about the Chinese people. He cares about the company bottom lines of his buddies.

He is protecting your rights for free speech and second amendment.

>Ahahaha.... he cares about the party support for the next election. His free speech support is limited to implied death threats to whistle blowers revealing his corrupt dealings.

He is pro democratic honk kong.

>How? With a "friend" like Trump, I would be scared ****less if I were Taiwan.

I seriously hate this forums quoting software 😠

  • Haha 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Chilloutman said:

If I recall he was not impeached so what are we talking about here?

Just to clarify, he was impeached, he wasn't convicted by the Senate on the articles of impeachment.  He joins Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton in that respect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gorth said:

I seriously hate this forums quoting software 😠

Well wouldn't be Obsidian quality if it weren't somewhat defective 😛

  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Well your economy is booming,

>The economy is one of those few things on which the sitting presidents have between little and f*** all influence. Not that it stops him from taking credit for it of course. But the effects of fiscal policy is usually felt between half and a full decade later.

you actually didnt started any new wars, actually you reduced troops in middle east.

>Not for lack of trying. But Iran didn't take the bait, despite him trying very, very hard to goad them into war.

You are now tackling communist China which exploits and kill its own citizens on mass.

>Trump doesn't give a flying f*** about the Chinese people. He cares about the company bottom lines of his buddies.

He is protecting your rights for free speech and second amendment.

>Ahahaha.... he cares about the party support for the next election. His free speech support is limited to implied death threats to whistle blowers revealing his corrupt dealings.

He is pro democratic honk kong.

>How? With a "friend" like Trump, I would be scared ****less if I were Taiwan.

 

Edited by Chilloutman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

 

1 hour ago, Gorth said:

I

 

1 hour ago, Gorth said:

seriously

 

1 hour ago, Gorth said:

hate

 

1 hour ago, Gorth said:

this

 

1 hour ago, Gorth said:

forums

 

1 hour ago, Gorth said:

quoting

 

1 hour ago, Gorth said:

software

 

1 hour ago, Gorth said:

😠

On the plus side, it would appear that the per-post quote block limit is finally a thing of the past...

(did you get eleventy notifications that somebody quoted you?)

 

 

Edited by 213374U
spammity spam spam
  • Haha 2

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

happy to say my county became a second amendment sanctuary county.  First thing in a long time that my politicians did that I agree with in quite a long while.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

ok give me 3 things he done which are worse than things done by previous 4 presidents?

Ukraine

Covering up Ukraine

The United States is $23.29T dollars in debt. Spending has increased by 16% over Obama. We are now facing a $1T deficit for the first time in our history. Buy % of GDP this is a larger spending deficient than WW2. Under Trump the UN National Debt increases at a rate of $62k per second. Simply put, he took the worst thin about Obama... and made it worse. 

 

Edited by Guard Dog

"Don't blame me! I voted for Kodos!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, redneckdevil said:

happy to say my county became a second amendment sanctuary county.  First thing in a long time that my politicians did that I agree with in quite a long while.

First time hearing about that, what specifically do they not permit in your county (that term seems to span things like background checks, red flag laws and magazine sizes) ?


Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

Well your economy is booming, .

Is economy booming when budget runs trillion dollars in deficit per year. You can buy lots of things with loaned money, but that doesn't mean that you are economically speaking in good place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everybody keeps talking about the economy like that means something, but I've seen no growth in my salary, and my costs continue to rise. Is the middle class benefiting from the economic boom?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

Everybody keeps talking about the economy like that means something, but I've seen no growth in my salary, and my costs continue to rise. Is the middle class benefiting from the economic boom?

Not in any way.


"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well how are employment rates doing?


I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By itself that's not that as meaningful as you'd hope.


Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chilloutman said:

well how are employment rates doing?

Not to sound flippant, but I am not sure why that should concern me. As a teacher, it would be great if the huge shortage of teachers led to higher salaries for the experienced ones out there, but it doesn't work that way. We make relatively the same regardless. 

The strong economy means houses are being bought up by wealthy investors and then rented out for a profit. That adversely effects me. It means more traffic. All the while my healthcare costs have risen and my taxes have stayed the same. So yeah, I am not benefiting from the strong economy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sounds selfish as f. So any positive does not matter to you because its not affecting you personally? Would you say that you dont care about someone inventing cancer cure because you personally does not have cancer? Would you say it sucks, now there will be more people driving? 

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

Not to sound flippant, but I am not sure why that should concern me.

Reaganomics will figure in somehow.


Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Chilloutman said:

sounds selfish as f. So any positive does not matter to you because its not affecting you personally? Would you say that you dont care about someone inventing cancer cure because you personally does not have cancer? Would you say it sucks, now there will be more people driving? 

This isn't cancer. We are choosing politicians here. Why would I choose a politician who is not representing my best interests?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

This isn't cancer. We are choosing politicians here. Why would I choose a politician who is not representing my best interests?

 

I was reacting to you stating that low unemployment does not affect you in positive way.

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chilloutman said:

 

I was reacting to you stating that low unemployment does not affect you in positive way.

You brought it up as a reason to be happy with the Trump presidency. I simply explained why it hasn't benefited me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah. The natural followup question whenever someone claims a country's economy is good is...who is it good for? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and I am stating that its selfish to be happy about something only if it benefits you. This is example I was telling you about, I for example would not be Bernie supporter but I still appreciate that his speech he done to empty senate (or whatever it was)

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Teachers unions in CA dont have COLA? IL teachers union strike at the drop of a hat. :lol: 

Each union negotiates cola increases, but there are a number of variables. Our last full COLA bump was about 8 years ago. It is difficult to keep up with tge increase where we live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chilloutman said:

and I am stating that its selfish to be happy about something only if it benefits you. This is example I was telling you about, I for example would not be Bernie supporter but I still appreciate that his speech he done to empty senate (or whatever it was)

Have you looked at the growing disparity of wealth in the US? There is no reason to be happy that the middle class is stagnant while the rich get richer. Is that selfish?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...