Politics, local-national-global-galactic

Amentep

I am very concerned with the support Bernie has been gaining, I cannot see how he is the right Democratic candidate if you serious about beating Trump

I am really starting to like Bloomberg but he been labelled by the " we dont want another Billionaire as a president "  brush so him winning once you face this type of general public sentiment is unlikely 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Bloomberg? He is like Trump but actually worse xD

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

24 minutes ago, 213374U said:

Gotta love how with each President, the bar keeps getting lower.

Kanye/Ja Rule  2024.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

He'll be really happy for you, and he's gonna let you finish, but his executive order to rename the country United States of Swag will be the best instance of presidential overreach of all time. OF ALL TIME!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

1 hour ago, 213374U said:

He'll be really happy for you, and he's gonna let you finish, but his executive order to rename the country United States of Swag will be the best instance of presidential overreach of all time. OF ALL TIME!

Tariq 2024

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

1 hour ago, 213374U said:

Gotta love how with each President, the bar keeps getting lower.

is unlikely we agree on Presidents who deserve rebuke, but this were our concern and point from a recent post. the past couple administrations have flaunted norms and indulged in practices previous thought improbable. each new administration, instead o' trying to step back from the brink and reestablish bipartisan cooperation and respect for the Constitution is instead building on the excesses o' the previous executive. 

can't keep this up for long. if each new President (and Congress) says, "now it's our turn," as they exact vengeance on opposing party, then it won't be long before we got an almost unrecognizable republic.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

3 hours ago, Gromnir said:

...says, "now it's our turn," as they exact vengeance on opposing party, then it won't be long before we got an almost unrecognizable republic.

All republics must fall eventually. Entropy will not be denied. Another day in the senate:

image.jpeg.16f8295d818a0103698b9c0a9c849415.jpeg

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Double post, yay me.

Looks like the frictions between Turkey and Syria/Russia is escalating. I wonder what Trump will do when Erdogan comes begging for Nato support to help defend against the Syrian aggression against the Turkish troops stationed in the lawfully occupied territory of Turksih Syria or some such garbage?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-51667717

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

That bombing was near 100% Russian not Syrian as the Turks are saying, as have most of the previous attacks targeting the Turks. Turks just say it's Syrian government as that's better to sell and they can then claim to have killed eleventy billion in retaliation.

Technically the Syrians do have the capacity to do precision strikes at night, but it is very very limited. Indeed, there are only two (both suspected not acknowledged) uses of precision munitions by the Syrians in the entire civil war- the 2014 strike that killed Ahrar ash Sham's leadership and the 2016 strike that killed Zahran Alloush the leader of Jaish al Islam. As per the Military thread, it comes after the Turks again tried to shoot down a Russian jet with a Stinger, which lead to them getting bombed by Russia last time as well.

The plan seems to be to leverage European NATO into supporting Erdogan by threatening to flood Europe with refugees again.

19 hours ago, Gromnir said:

is unlikely we agree on Presidents who deserve rebuke, but this were our concern and point from a recent post. the past couple administrations have flaunted norms and indulged in practices previous thought improbable. each new administration, instead o' trying to step back from the brink and reestablish bipartisan cooperation and respect for the Constitution is instead building on the excesses o' the previous executive. 

can't keep this up for long. if each new President (and Congress) says, "now it's our turn," as they exact vengeance on opposing party, then it won't be long before we got an almost unrecognizable republic.

HA! Good Fun!

It's unfortunate we are fresh out of John McCain's. Actually there have been candidates for President this year and in 2016 who were practical, pragmatic, and even tempered and who could have done good service. None of them are still in the race and they were never really competitive. The red-faced and angry slogan shouters are in control and this thing will only get more polarized and more out of control.  Eventually it really will break and secession follows. Or economic implosion due to bad economic management and spending.

You wonder why I'm cynical. I wonder why you aren't. You see the train speeding towards the unfinished bridge. You see the two conductors fighting over the throttle but both are screaming "more speed". You know even now it's not too late, disaster can be averted. But you also know it won't be. Fatalism is no vice if the situation really is hopeless. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

3 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

You wonder why I'm cynical. I wonder why you aren't.

misrepresenting our lack o' cynicism. am personal  much concerned 'bout a number o' issues and trends. however, when gd beats drum and howls that it don't matter who is chosen from either o' the two major parties in national elections, then we balk. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Too funny not to share!

Image result for bernie nancy kerrigan meme

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell