Politics, local-national-global-galactic

Amentep

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/16/nevada-avoid-iowa-caucus-mess-115437

Nevada caucus volunteers fear another Iowa disaster, possibly worse, due to rushed preparations, lack of security, and...attempting to have everyone input all the results via iPads to a Google spreadsheet all at once. Have caucuses always been this been and we just didn't know about it due to lack of transparency (the Sanders campaign pushed heavily for caucus transparency after multiple debacles back in 2016, especially IIRC after Nevada changed how it awarded delegates after everyone had voted in order to make Hillary the winner), or is this a recent trend?

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Australian Economy 101

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Gasp! 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

"Australien" is the best part of that.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The Federal Reserve

86710509_2561263580799007_23480944106856

The difference is Boardwalk does not become worthless once this little scheme runs out. 

• Haha 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

lotta disturbing false equivalency silliness has discouraged us from posting. the recent russia stuff were... curious. fascinating to learn russia ain't so bad 'cause the US sucks too.

*insert eye roll*

is similar bad reason to suggest current administration is business as usual and we wouldn't be anywhere different with other folks in the wh. even so, am needing to link don ayer piece from the atlantic.

mr. ayer has been on msnbc and cnn of late... and for you kooks (you know who you are,) being on those networks doesn't justify ignoring the article referenced. is not 'bout anderson cooper or don lemon.

if you want to skip ahead to mr. ayer, he begins at 3:33.

one of top guys at doj during reagan and bush (41) administrations, and bill barr's boss. clerked for J. rehnquist. 

hic sunt dracones.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

wf3b09jrtbh41.jpg

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Every time I start thinking Bloomberg might make a tolerable President he says something or something he has said comes out. It's hard to be more arrogant than Trump but Bloomberg might come real close.

It's no secret I despise the Democrats. That is due to a toxic combination of sneering arrogance and a self righteousness that would make any religious zealot blush. The love of liberty does not abide in the heart of that political party. They are the modern US embodiment of what CS Lewis meant when he wrote "those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience". But I would still hold my nose and vote for one in 2020 if they could produce one candidate... ONE that did not make my skin crawl.  The only one that even came close (although not that close in the end) they are hell bent on running out of the party. 

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

1 hour ago, Guard Dog said:

Every time I start thinking Bloomberg might make a tolerable President he says something or something he has said comes out. It's hard to be more arrogant than Trump but Bloomberg might come real close.

I don't get how people who criticize Trump can now back Bloomberg. He has all the flaws they claim Trump has and none of his strengths.

166215__front.jpg

40 minutes ago, Skarpen said:

I don't get how people who criticize Trump can now back Bloomberg. He has all the flaws they claim Trump has and none of his strengths.

Prior to 2017 you would have had a point. Now that we've had him in office for three years the bad has piled up high. 

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

If it came down to Trump and Bloomberg, I would so, so very reluctantly vote for Bloomberg, and I'd hate myself doing it. I won't be happy with most of the Democratic field, but I would gladly vote for all of them with the exception for Bloomberg. At that point, I guess I'd have to accept that our democracy is fundamentally broken and that nothing really matters, but I might as well vote for the candidate that might ensure a small measure of balance in the Supreme Court because there's smaller and smaller chance RBG will make it another 4 years.

An example we can all aspire to.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

6 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Prior to 2017 you would have had a point. Now that we've had him in office for three years the bad has piled up high. 

ok give me 3 things he done which are worse than things done by previous 4 presidents?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Honest Government Ads agrees.... Obama was not born in the US 😂

Not that Australia has been much better in dealing with island nations...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

3 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

Why does it have to be worse than someone else? Can't bad stuff just stand on its own merits?

Off the top of my head I'd say:

Ukraine stuff

Kid refugees

Twitter

umm what ukraine stuff?

Kid refugees where completely same as during Obama

Twitter is worse how? I mean do you know you were in some pretty effed up wars lately?

Seriously you guys need to take a deep breath and check what was happening before this Orange man hysteria

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Again, something being bad with one president does not excuse the other.

The Ukraine stuff that led to the impeachment doesn't ring a bell?

It is ridiculous that we have a President in twitter spats with teenage girls. 4 years is enough of that.

Not sure who is hysteric here. The term is coming to an end and I'd prefer to see some new train wreck, instead of 4 more years of the current train wreck.

59 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

Again, something being bad with one president does not excuse the other.

The Ukraine stuff that led to the impeachment doesn't ring a bell?

It is ridiculous that we have a President in twitter spats with teenage girls. 4 years is enough of that.

Not sure who is hysteric here. The term is coming to an end and I'd prefer to see some new train wreck, instead of 4 more years of the current train wreck.

My point was that previous presidents were no better, probably much worse, yet for some reason there is huge witch hunt on Trump. If I recall he was not impeached so what are we talking about here?

Yeah its ridiculous that he tween trash on twitter. He is buffon, egoistic and pompous. But did he really done any harm? Its worse if you start wars and people die you know? Or when you support terrorists. Or when you start mass surveliance on your own people. I know its hard to grasp but still...

Witch hunt, huh ? Hm, well when one acts like an aggressive man with insecurities, one shouldn't be too surprised when people get the knives out for him.   US is still in some "effed up" wars, still no ? And did have that pointless flare up with Iran (wasn't really much of an 'imminent threat', now it seems)   And there's not a lot of good that offsets the general aura of incompetence about the administration and damage to US image. 

Heh, KaineParker was right, biggest Trump fans here are outsiders 😛

Also, apparently he was busy today - https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/18/trump-commutes-sentence-of-rod-blagojevich-115807

Edited by Malcador

Well your economy is booming, you actually didnt started any new wars, actually you reduced troops in middle east. You are now tackling communist China which exploits and kill its own citizens on mass. He is protecting your rights for free speech and second amendment. He is pro democratic honk kong.

your mysterious aura is just medial picture created by his enemies.

And how can you say his biggets fans are outsiders? Your countrymen voted him into office. Jeez you guys really think half of your country are nazi idiots...

You should stop caring that much about facade and image and focus bit more on substance

and again, I am not his fan, I just enjoy that panic in people who just 'feels' his 'aura' is bad and so we have to be angry. Its hilarious.

Always have been of the opinion there's a long lag between administration's efforts and the economy they get, it's such a large thing.   Tackling the Chinese with the trade war , you meant ? That's still up in the air, so I guess that is credit for effort.  As for protecting free speech and second amendment, how so ?  Only recall him mentioning the first in regards to sucking up to evangelicals and conservative media and not much else other than talk on the second.  In any case McConnell can lay claim to anything done there, I'd imagine.   Oh and you forgot his Mideast Peace plan as well.

In any event, I believe GD was talking about the man's flaws rather than the negatives of his, ahem, leadership.  

Also biggest fans HERE, not in the United States, is what KP had wrote and which I was referring to.

ok guys, I really dont care that much. You can return to your daily two minutes hate whenever Trumps fart in your general direction, if thats what help you sleep at nigh. I was just stating my observation on this Trump phenomenon

Edited by Chilloutman
  • Haha 1

Edgy

Edited by Malcador