Politics, local-national-global-galactic

Amentep

41 minutes ago, Skarpen said:

The article does. Gromnir just jumped the wagon to bash president, but in doing so he advocates the witchhunt of a child.

That isn't what Gromnir did at all. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

On another note, what's with this strange bedfellow between alt right types and hipsters?

I consider myself a leftist but not a hipster and I've noticed some alt righty types hanging out at my local hipster cafe.

Is it merely a case of opposites being complimentary or is there something sinister going on here?

20 minutes ago, ComradeMaster said:

On another note, what's with this strange bedfellow between alt right types and hipsters?

I consider myself a leftist but not a hipster and I've noticed some alt righty types hanging out at my local hipster cafe.

Is it merely a case of opposites being complimentary or is there something sinister going on here?

None of those words mean anything, SonicMage.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ComradeMaster said:

Do hipsters have beliefs ? Or just disbelieve in 'mainstream' ?  Could explain it as alt right types and Marxist wannabes always moan about that.

As for something sinister going on here...I think the only sensible option is the cautious one.  Hipster genocide.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's weird that the only defenders of Trump on this site don't even live in America. 

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

39 minutes ago, KaineParker said:

It's weird that the only defenders of Trump on this site don't even live in America. 

Maybe the locals are just too scared of the tolerant liberals to share their beliefs

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/retired-cop-says-he-was-assaulted-for-wearing-make-fifty-great-again-birthday-hat

Now that multiple people have corrected Skarpie's very clear misunderstanding of Gromnir's statement, I'm sure he will learn from it and we will all move forward with better communication in the future. :thumbsup:

I'm always glad to hear people opinions.

Edited by Skarpen

166215__front.jpg

7 minutes ago, ComradeMaster said:

My home state (Maine) has a strange history but we could accelerate that this November

https://www.lisaformaine.org/

Maine could be the 1st state to elect a Green to the national level and about damned time!

I hear there are Stranger Things in Indiana though. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

7 minutes ago, ComradeMaster said:

You've been lied to.

You didn't get the joke! :lol:

Thomas Sowell

45 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

I hear there are Stranger Things in Indiana though. 

Needful Things was in Maine.  Until it moved to Iowa and re-opened as Answered Prayers.

• Thanks 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

let's get this straight. skarp is using a child as a human shield to deflect an argument 'bout trump lies, and Gromnir is the villain in the scenario?

the next time trump takes credit for veteran's choice, something he does frequent, and uses an anecdote o' a veteran to sell his mistruth, if Gromnir calls out trump on the lack o' honesty am s'posing it will be a case o' us attacking the veteran and taking a dump on the patriotic contribution o' those who served in the armed forces?

*chuckle*

has been awhile since we saw somebody try and use otter level deflection defense in real life.

that said, am not sure the obsidian board, with skarp o' all posters trying to play otter's role, counts as rl.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

2 hours ago, Gromnir said:

let's get this straight. skarp is using a child as a human shield to deflect an argument 'bout trump lies, and Gromnir is the villain in the scenario?

If nothing else, it's such an obvious and pathetically desperate attempt at distortion that it makes it obvious to everyone in here what Sharp_One really is, :).

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

3 hours ago, ComradeMaster said:

I never gave more than 2 fugs about S King anyway.  Way too Blue for my liking. 

He's even calling for aggressions against Iran which demonstrates his ultimate credibility.

OK seriously now. If you are using a person's politics to decide whether you like their books/songs/movies/etc. then you are waaaay too uptight about politics. That is like disliking someone because they cheer for a different sports team than you.

Unless of course they are Yankees fans. Then hating them is perfectly acceptable. 

• Like 3

Thomas Sowell

33 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

If nothing else, it's such an obvious and pathetically desperate attempt at distortion that it makes it obvious to everyone in here what Sharp_One really is, :).

No, really, Skarpen isn't Sharp_One in the same way that ComradeMaster isn't SonicMage117. They're just suspiciously similar in outlooks, writing style and posting quality.

Although to be fair to Skarpen, he's at least consistent. ComradeMaster is a variation of a theme, coming off every bit as manufactured as his predecessor personality.

Edited by majestic
Added spoiler tags in the hopes of avoiding Amentep's wrath. I think he told us a hundred times to let it rest.
  • Like 4

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Disgraced lawyer Michael Avenatti found guilty in Nike extortion trial

Anybody remember when this piece of crap was mulling a presidential run off of the good publicity of Trump's prostitution affair scandal? :lol:

(e): fixed 'cos of what KaineParker said below

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

I thought it was just paying off someone Trump had an affair with sometime after the fact, iirc there wasn't any exchange for the sex itself.  Anyways **** Avenatti and **** Nike.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

1 hour ago, KaineParker said:

I thought it was just paying off someone Trump had an affair with sometime after the fact, iirc there wasn't any exchange for the sex itself.  Anyways **** Avenatti and **** Nike.

You are correct - I had to actually go look up the stupid controversy on Wikipedia because apparently I had forgotten. Edited the post.

Edited by Bartimaeus

I would not buy US Bonds if they took dried dog poop for payment. One of two things will happen before those mature:

1. The government will default
  2. The currency will be worthless

Sorry Uncle Sam. You spending habits and money management has convinced me you are NOT a good credit risk.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/treasury-to-sell-30-year-bonds-at-record-low-yield-11581614475

Edited by Guard Dog
Forgot the link
  • Like 1

Thomas Sowell