Politics, local-national-global-galactic

Amentep

Oh please please please please please let Hillary Clinton get into this election: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7936395/Hillary-Clinton-believes-win-ran-2020-renews-attack-Bernie-Sanders.html

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Exclusive footage of the Trump Defense team in the Senate trail:

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Haha 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Can't imagine why  Trump supporters hate the media: CNN's Don Lemon and guests mock Trump supporters as uneducated and illiterate

Thomas Sowell

Does remind me of how low the bar is to label someone an 'elite'.  See that in the Tory campaigns here, I guess geting a B.A. makes one so 😛

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

26 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Does remind me of how low the bar is to label someone an 'elite'.  See that in the Tory campaigns here, I guess geting a B.A. makes one so 😛

:lol: That is pretty presumptuous that they assume THEY are in the elite isn't it! 

Thomas Sowell

I am still convinced Pompeo confused Belarus for Bangladesh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Trump 'Peace Plan' for Israel/ Palestine is about as lol as expected. Give Israel everything she wants and the Palestinians whatever scraps are left. Even that cretinous bootlicker Tony Bliar who was willing to commit literal war crimes on behalf of the US is having trouble finding things to say that aren't explicitly negative about it and most reactions are distinctly positioned in the 'open to interpretation' range. "It could lead to a meaningful settlement" type stuff where sure, it could, it's technically possible, but everyone knows it won't because it's completely and utterly unacceptable to one side, and literally everything can be taken away by Israel whenever she feels like it. And Bibi has consistently shown he would feel like it whenever under electoral pressure or threatened by a corruption charge. But that isn't being said explicitly because Trump is a complete manbaby and toys would come out of the cot if one of his pet projects is given the derision it richly deserves. Not merely dead on arrival but dead on inception.

vs1u7yhxhkd41.png

It's like some fanfic map drawn by a 12 year old who has read a load of D&D sourcebooks. Tunnels in the desert! High tech areas! Grow bananas in the middle of the Negev! Or alternatively and more realistically, Bantustans in Apartheid era RSA.

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Thanks 1

I guess Jared was playing Cities Skylines.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Raithe said:

images

images

a few days ago spent almost 24 hours stuck in a room with a talkative republican with no way to escape. pretended to sleep for a few hours were our only relief. regardless, were a surreal experience and we thought the poor guy's head would explode when we observed how criticizing obama to make trump seem less mendacious and impotent were a waste o' time 'cause:

1) obama flaws did nothing to diminish trump's inability to get anything substantive requiring meaningful executive action done in three years save for a tax cut for rich and relief for small business owners... and we admitted the small business owner thing were actual a noteworthy positive.

2) as Gromnir didn't approve o' most obama policies, foreign and domestic, constant railing 'bot obama were less effective than he appeared to believe.

we felt a little sympathy for the fellow as we could tell he had no idea how to respond to somebody who were not polarized in the way he expected.  were likely outside his experience.

however, am not subscribing to the notion o' a choice 'tween the democrats and republicans is wasted. is a false dichotomy and the kinda lazy binary thinking which only makes another four years o' trump more likely.

HA! Good Fun!

ps to be fair, we also observed how trump stepping in to direct the atf to prohibit bump stocks were a positive and warranted given the disgusting reluctance o' Congress to do anything 'bout the issue... a view which offended our temporary roomy's purist second amendment notions. go figure.

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

54 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

we felt a little sympathy for the fellow as we could tell he had no idea how to respond to somebody who were not polarized in the way he expected.  were likely outside his experience.

You're in good company here: 

I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent.

Thomas Jefferson

however, am not subscribing to the notion o' a choice 'tween the democrats and republicans is wasted. is a false dichotomy and the kinda lazy binary thinking which only makes another four years o' trump more likely.

Disagree as you know. But no vote is wasted as long as you are square with the guy in the mirror. At this point, vote for Trump or (insert Democrat Nominee here) I don't think I would be.

ps to be fair, we also observed how trump stepping in to direct the atf to prohibit bump stocks were a positive and warranted given the disgusting reluctance o' Congress to do anything 'bout the issue... a view which offended our temporary roomy's purist second amendment notions. go figure.

I didn't have strong opinion on that one. Even after Vegas. But I knew nothing about bump stocks. Certainly never used one. With just four exceptions (2 bolt actions and 2 semi-auto) none of my firearms would have looked out of place at Old Kindersly Livery and Horse Corral in Tombstone AZ in October of 1881. Having seen one in use I've changed my mind a little. If automatic firearms are illegal (except by license) and hardware modifications to make semi autos fire at the same rate can be made illegal too. But to tell the truth rather than regulating by action type Congress would be smarter to regulate by cyclic rate. Banning firearms by action type is... problematic. 

Thomas Sowell

The company I work for always points out the the economy and unemployment are in mint condition (lowest unemployment in 50 years!!!) at our quarterly meetings but there's still millions of people who can't afford basic living.  Unemployment is low sure, but these are menial jobs.  I mean, you got to eat, right?

God bless the Democrats.  But for them, the Republicans would never win.

A bit early for general election predictions and it wouldn't be good form to make predictions about the Democrats as a registered Republican.  Not because I don't have predictions, but I wouldn't want to be self-serving about what's happening on the 'other side.'  AKA:  The Resistance.  :dismissive contemptuous smile:

BTW:  I was stuck in this room with a Trump hater recently.  I tried to help him see the light, but he just pretended to sleep.  :tongue in cheek grin:

• Haha 1

"Not for the sake of much time..."

who the **** is letting all these cringey alts on here, good lord

is there a limit to how many people you can put on the ignore list. because I must be getting close

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 3

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

9 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

who the **** is letting all these cringey alts on here, good lord

is there a limit to how many people you can put on the ignore list. because I must be getting close

I think we are just cringey people here, not alts. 

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 2

It makes me sad that Tulsi has basically zero chance of getting the Democrats nomination. I would probably vote for her (and I say that as a registered Republican) and she might even have a chance against Trump if the Dems would get behind her. Alas, the donkey political machine seems hellbent on giving Elizabeth Warren the nomination and Trump will steamroll her. At least the Pocahontas jokes will be great.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Warren has super faded since her little stunt against Bernie a couple weeks back. Everyone seems to be agreeing it's Bernie and Biden now. Bernie's currently projected to win the first three states (Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada), but after that, it starts getting tricky unless the landscape drastically changes because of those (presumed) early wins (with Iowa being the closest and most important of the three).

firefox_2020-01-29_08-35-58.png

Bernie in teal, Warren in purple. As you can see, Warren fell off a cliff a little while back and Bernie gained big for it at literally the exact same time.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

I figured that stunt would backfire, but I didn't think it would backfire that badly. Between Biden and Bernie, I figure Bernie would have the better chance against Trump.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

4 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

I figured that stunt would backfire, but I didn't think it would backfire that badly. Between Biden and Bernie, I figure Bernie would have the better chance against Trump.

In a post-Trump world, it is funny how these oh so little things can have the effect of utterly capsizing a candidate. Almost feels silly.

43 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

It makes me sad that Tulsi has basically zero chance of getting the Democrats nomination. I would probably vote for her (and I say that as a registered Republican) and she might even have a chance against Trump if the Dems would get behind her. Alas, the donkey political machine seems hellbent on giving Elizabeth Warren the nomination and Trump will steamroll her. At least the Pocahontas jokes will be great.

The one thing Gabbard could do that no other Democrat could is take votes away from Trump. All the rest the Red will vote Red, the Blue will vote Blue and the fight will be over the middle. Gabbard changes that and would force Team Trump to focus on the base rather than fight for the middle.

But it's moot. The Democrats won't have her. The party bigwigs think she is disloyal and the liberal left thinks military service is immoral. 

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

Gabbard should be Bernie's VP.  If he wins, he'll die a year in and then she can have her go. 😛

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Gabbard should be Bernie's VP.  If he wins, he'll die a year in and then she can have her go. 😛

Bernie can't win. Not even with her. The US is not ready to elect a 78 year old communist or social democrat or whatever it is he calls himself. A 5 minute you tube search will turn up enough damming comments from him to doom his candidacy. His comments supporting Castro and Ortega in the 80s will cost him South Florida which means he can't win Florida. Bernie could actually drive  Democrat voters to Trump. Or, more likely, have them stay home. He'll win the young votes. Maybe even some of the minority votes. But that is not enough by half.  Unless Trump is damaged in this  impeachment dumpster fire or somehow implodes (always a distinct possibility with him) a Bernie nomination guarantees his re-election.

Edited by Guard Dog
Damned autocorrect

Thomas Sowell