Politics, local-national-global-galactic

Amentep

5 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Has anyone been following the impeachment trial? I started to but lost interest. It really doesn't matter what he did. They are not going to remove him. And the Democrats just fail as the party seeking justice because if all the political parties is this sad tale were reversed they would be employing the same defense of the Democratic President. 

It's just become a f-----g sad joke. 

2 hours ago, Malcador said:

Don't blame you for losing interest.  But one bright side to this is the Senators having to sit there and be bored to death while they watch the show. Although it seems the supposedly strict rules they are under don't apply as Cruz was on his phone, several of them are standing up and walking around or out.

2 hours ago, 213374U said:

At least give them some credit for staying awake, man.

1_Jacob-Rees-Mogg.jpg

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

>local-national-global

Where am I going to talk space blockades and galactic trade negotiations now?

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

So, does anyone really think the Trade Federation is going to invade Naboo? I don't think Gunray has the gonads to personally, without some sort of legal cover.

The impeachment trial is ludicrously boring.

Jacob Rees-Mogg: even sleeping he's the toffiest toff.

• Like 1

What about our regional politics ?

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

We are so screwed: https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/trump-responds-critics-rising-federal-spending-debt-deficit-presidency-fundraiser-2020-1-1028833452

Time to buy more gold, bitcoin, ammunition, seeds, and non-perishable food. Tick tock tick tock...

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

He certainly is an 80's businessman. 😛

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The takings clause of the 5th Amendment is one of the worst things in the US Constitution. The private property of citizens should not, for any reason, be subject to the whims of the state. And the "just compensation" is nebulous enough that the government can and usually does get away with paying pennies on the dollar. Unless of course they find something to arrest you for. Or just "suicide" you. Once upon a time Republicans fought against Eminent Domain seizures. That was until Trump turned them into the government loving bastardized and slightly uglier version of the Democrat Party. https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump-justice-department-sues-to-seize-private-property-for-border-wall-construction-2019-12-27

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

3 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

The takings clause of the 5th Amendment is one of the worst things in the US Constitution. The private property of citizens should not, for any reason, be subject to the whims of the state. And the "just compensation" is nebulous enough that the government can and usually does get away with paying pennies on the dollar. Unless of course they find something to arrest you for. Or just "suicide" you. Once upon a time Republicans fought against Eminent Domain seizures. That was until Trump turned them into the government loving bastardized and slightly uglier version of the Democrat Party. https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump-justice-department-sues-to-seize-private-property-for-border-wall-construction-2019-12-27

Well it beats "Government can seize private property. Period." I'll tell that much. Also how the heck is a country border private property? Seems to me like a really bad planning from the start and the situation at hand is just a result of this idiocy.

Edited by Skarpen

166215__front.jpg

7 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Neo Republicans are very ugly but right now it looks like Democrats are more war hungry than Republicans so as a Green/Blue I'll note this awkward shift and never vote Democrats nationally ever again.

Edited by ComradeMaster

7 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

I mean, I get Obsidian is an rpg company, but it is weird how many accounts feel the need to play a characterization here.

Guess whose erotic RP persona I am.

Edited by Skazz

33 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

Hah, that is debatable.

Wait, I remember, you are GD's dog. 👍

He could do worse!

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

1 hour ago, Skazz said:

Guess whose erotic RP persona I am.

Monte Carlo.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

This is a pretty decent story from Tim Alberta at Politico: https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/01/24/2020-guns-trump-obama-michigan-voters-102790

The short strokes is Trump's supporters mostly don't like him. But they hate the Democrats and the Democrats hate them. 

Thomas Sowell

Not really sure if it should go here or the funny thread...

image.thumb.jpeg.d1b3469ddfe68ead3d025da995376053.jpeg

• Haha 3

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein