We asked the narrative team to share their favorite "dumb" lines. Now we want you to vote!

Vote for your favorite "dumb" line!  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of the following "dumb" lines do you enjoy the most?

• Good thing I'm great at math. I know all the best numbers.
    • I don't need to stay here and be insulted. I can be insulted anywhere.
    • Law help me, it's a talking door.
    • WHO IS CHARLES AND WHY ARE WE YELLING?
    • Where's the self-destruct mechanism?
    • Look, I didn't mean to kill the guy. Sometimes I just get confused.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/29/20 at 11:00 PM

Hello players!

I asked our narrative team to send me their favorite "dumb" line used in the game, and now we want to see which one of these lines you like the most. There is no right or wrong answer, and this is all in fun as everyone who submitted a line knew what I was planning to do, so go ahead and take a gander at the different options. At the end of the poll, I will reveal who submitted that line to you all!

On a side note, if you haven't played a "dumb playthrough" yet, I highly recommend it. I'm halfway through my own playthrough, and it's been entertaining to say the least!

Thank you, and the poll will end on Wednesday, 1/29, at 3 PM PST.

Continue reading for more context on each of the lines listed in the poll above.

-----------------------------------------------------

Choice 1:

ADA: I am ready and eager to assist. Awaiting your orders, Captain. Inquiries are good, too.

Player: What's going to happen if I skip the Hope?

ADA: If your calculations are even slightly off, you could crash the entire colony ship into Terra 2.

Or the sun.

Player: Good thing I'm great at math. I know all the best numbers.

Choice 2:

Player: What? A test? No one told me there was gonna be a test, dammit. I hate tests!

Hermit: Yes! That's the spirit! A fellow traveler, one close to the truth themselves!

Vicar Max: No, he's/she's not. Just… a bit dim.

Player: I don't need to stay here and be insulted. I can be insulted anywhere.

Choice 3:

Huxley: Hello? Hellooooooo? I hear boots out there! Wait, can rapts wear boots?

Player: Law help me, it's a talking door.

Choice 4:

Minister Clarke: Slowly and loudly, Aloysius. That's the only way these morons understand anything.

I SAID, YOU MAY TELL CHARLES TO GO **** HIMSELF.

Player: WHO IS CHARLES AND WHY ARE WE YELLING?

Choice 5:

Player: What's it like being in command around here?

Junlei Tennyson: Frustrating. Everything down to the circuitboards is past warranty, so I have the pleasure of making life or death decisions on a shoestring budget.

Plus, there's no time to train my successor or document fixes in a way that anyone outside the family would understand.

Player: Where's the self-destruct mechanism?

Junlei Tennyson: I hope that was a joke, Captain. I really do.

Choice 6:

Parvati: Are you out of your mind?

You just- you just killed him.

Player: I know, it was great.

Parvati: You enjoyed that? Are you some kind of psychopath?

I can't- I need to leave. I need to get away from you.

Player: Look, I didn't mean to kill the guy. Sometimes I just get confused.

Parvati: You can't help yourself, huh? Took a couple knocks to the cranium? I get it.

Let's just… let's just move on. I couldn't forgive myself if I let you loose upon the Vale, unsupervised.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

• Shyla pinned this topic

Now that the poll is over, I'd like to say that my favorite lines were based on the reactions of the companions or NPCs, typically Max, because Dave Mitchell is amazing.

You:  "Can Parvati get that treated by a sawbones?"
Max: "I see today we'll be conversing without metaphors."

And my absolute favorite:

Max: <speaking to Reginald Chaney> "Well, guess what.  My goodwill's exhausted, along with my temper."
You: "Max, if you're exhausted, maybe we should rest and look for the scholar later."
Max: <does a double-take at you> "What? You never cease to amaze me, you know that?"

Part of this quest is getting him not to kill Chaney, and I love that in this case, you say something so incredibly stupid that it actually snaps Max out of his fury.  I laughed and laughed. : )

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

(

On 2/1/2020 at 7:45 AM, Jackalgirl said:

Now that the poll is over, I'd like to say that my favorite lines were based on the reactions of the companions or NPCs, typically Max, because Dave Mitchell is amazing.

You:  "Can Parvati get that treated by a sawbones?"
Max: "I see today we'll be conversing without metaphors."

And my absolute favorite:

Max: <speaking to Reginald Chaney> "Well, guess what.  My goodwill's exhausted, along with my temper."
You: "Max, if you're exhausted, maybe we should rest and look for the scholar later."
Max: <does a double-take at you> "What? You never cease to amaze me, you know that?"

Part of this quest is getting him not to kill Chaney, and I love that in this case, you say something so incredibly stupid that it actually snaps Max out of his fury.  I laughed and laughed. : )

iT WAS great!!!! 🤣

• 1 month later...

The line about the self destruct button, a.k.a. choice number 5, is still available even if you are not dumb. I used that line with a character that had maxed intelligence and it played out in the same way.