Elapsed Time vs Time In Party?

I don't think I ever really payed attention to these stats before. Mainly I just always looked to see who had the most kills and who killed the most powerful creature.  At any rate, I'm wondering why "Elapsed Time" states 2 months, 2 days, etc.  while my characters "Time In Party" states 10 days, 7 hours.  (travel time states 1 month, 1 day.. so that's also confusing.)  Do certain quests jump time forward and I just never noticed or something? 

Did you swap out that party member in between? Also it may be that certain scripted events unintentionally cause the game to handle the party as if it was spilt up and then put together again.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I guess I figured it out. It doesn't record travel time as time spent in party.  (It might not record resting as time spent in party as well but I didn't test that out.)  Travel time also seems a little borked maybe.  I tested this out with my early saves.. So my character left Cilant LIs with 6 hours in party, 0 travel time and 8 hours Elapsed time (2 hours knocked out?.. I don't know.) Arrived at Valewood with 6 hours in party, 6 hours travel time 14 hours elapsed time. I then ran down the road and directly exited the other side to get to Gilded Vale.. 8 hour journey, Elapsed Time 22 hours, Travel time 14 hours ??  7 hours spent in party. 

All in all it has no bearing on anything.. but since I just noticed it today I guess I felt the need to figure out what was going on. :p

Edited by vyvexthorne
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Boeroer said:

I found this interesting. I realized that during my countless hours of PoE I never looked at those time stats. :)

Yep, me neither. Actually made me wonder if they weren't always there. It's been a few years since I last played the game.  It's amazing how much I've forgotten. 

Edited by vyvexthorne

By "Elapsed Time", are you referring to the time that is displayed, for example, on the save file when loading it? I'm pretty sure that's a time counter for how long it's been in-universe since your started character started his/her journey. The months do go by, there's an entire calendar invented for the game's world.

I'm pretty sure that "Time in Party" means how long a companion has been in your party in real-life time.

8 hours ago, Alendra said:

By "Elapsed Time", are you referring to the time that is displayed, for example, on the save file when loading it? I'm pretty sure that's a time counter for how long it's been in-universe since your started character started his/her journey. The months do go by, there's an entire calendar invented for the game's world.

I'm pretty sure that "Time in Party" means how long a companion has been in your party in real-life time.

Yeah, Time in Party is how long you've played with the character in game.. It's still based on in game time though. (so it's still kind of weird.) It doesn't correspond to any real life play time.  So I've now played with the character for 12 in game days.. but in real life I've played the game for 51 hours and I started on the 13th and today is the 22nds. So nothing in real life equals 12 days.