When can we expect the Steam (and hopefully GOG) release?

There is a store page on Steam that says "Planned Release Date: 2020". It's 2020 now, and I would like to know if Obsidian have given any indication re. when we can expect to see The Outer Worlds on Steam and possibly other platforms?

I played the game for a bit last month, through the XBOX Game Pass for PC beta, and very much liked what I saw but I prefer to buy and own my games on either Steam or GOG (preferably the latter).

Shadow Thief of the Obsidian Order

My Backloggery

4 hours ago, Lorfean said:

Guess most / all of the patches and DLC will be out by then

I do wonder what strategy they will have for DLCs. Considering there is a pack of people who wait for the game to be released outside EPIC, I wonder if it wouldn't make sense to spend more time on a bigger expansion, and release it together with multi-store release.

That said, console release isn't affected by it at all, so a more common smaller/quicker DLCs might still make complete sense. 

Yeah, I am a bit surprised that they have been playing things so close to the chest when it comes to post launch support / content. Especially after the Deadfire roadmap (which was great). Makes me wonder if they have a plan for it at all. The vague announcement of story-expanding DLC through a forum post, of all things, was also strange.

Shadow Thief of the Obsidian Order

My Backloggery

10 hours ago, Lorfean said:

Yeah, I am a bit surprised that they have been playing things so close to the chest when it comes to post launch support / content.

I don't think OW really needed much. Playing close to the chest, is releasing a game with save import not working correctly and before a serious balance pass is made.

Releasing a game with a stable 1.0, patching in some minor issues, and then announcing how one will sell new content for the game is the preferable way of doing things.