So, if you kill Kolsc for Raedric, he'll give you Justice. If you follow that up by having Pallegina (or whomever it is for you) shoot him in the face, and proceed to murder him and his whole squad, then he drops it again. Wasn't actually trying to do that, but I guess Eder and Sagani just got big gear upgrades. *shrug*

Undead Raedric will give me shiny armor...

That I have no actual plan on using long-term in this party. It's weird, I somehow planned a party that doesn't intend to use that, or the Firebrand Items. I keep seeing items that normally are major game-changers in my run, get excited, then remember I'm not planning on using them.

Justice is a good Great Sword. It often gets overlooked that it has a secret additional mini-crushing lash of 10% on top of it's obvious 25% crushing lash. If you do significant per-hit damage this additional 10% can make some difference. Per-hit damage has to be high to enable the 10% lash to overcome 1/4 of crush DR. So rogue is a good fit. Or use everything to lower crush DR on enemies (like Fighter's Sundering Blow). DR bypass like Vulnerable Attack does not help with lashes unfortunately.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

4 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Justice is a good Great Sword. It often gets overlooked that it has a secret additional mini-crushing lash of 10% on top of it's obvious 25% crushing lash.

Justice had a secret modifier built in? Huh. TIL.

Are there many items like that? If so, what is the point of keeping parts of the mechanics hidden from the player?

Edited by Skazz

It's not really hidden. But the weapon description is not very clear and many players just overlook the second lash or don't realize what the description means:

justice_second_lash.jpg?dl=1

There are two other weapons that have this (with a double burning lash instead of crush): Starcaller and Unforgiven, both unique flails. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the clarification. However, I have one additional question: since it says "10% Damage as Crush", doesn't it mean that it does not add extra Crush damage, but rather that it converts 10% of the 19-27 Slash/Pierce range into Crush?

Admittedly, it's been a while since I played the first PoE.

Edited by Skazz

That's what I meant when I wrote that players don't know what the description means. And how could they? What you said would also be a reasonable interpretation.

However my tests with Justice and the two flails (long time ago) indicated that it's a separate lash and the base dmg is unchanged. You can't see the separate lash in the combat log very often because it gets eaten up by DR most of times (there is no MIN dmg for lashes). But if you do high dmg per hit or attack enemies with low DR you can witness the second lash in the combat log. With Justice it's visible a bit more often since the base dmg of a great sword is higher than that of flails and thus the chance of the 10% lash to overcome 1/4 DR is higher.

I don't think that mechanic ever changed.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1