With much thanks to @Kvellen for laying the groundwork, I have created my first mod, one that in three different steps reduces the combat tooltip clutter. See mod page for details. When you've done that, I would appreciate some assistance in making it better.

Weird strings
- I saw references to a courtesan possibly named Nisanga, who gives +1 to all attributes. Can anyone make sense of this?
- There are some Magran's Blessing strings that do not seem related to the shield, for example "Boon_MagransBlessing_SE_CritWatcher", again, can anyone make sense of this?

I'm hung up on these two because I've been filtering a ton of things that begin with "boon" (generally Watcher buffs), but I couldn't explain what these were about.

Additional things to filter
While I probably nailed most of the beneficial auras (please point out any I missed), I'm sure there are tons of item buffs that I haven't addressed. Any that come to mind, please mention! Of course, also goes for buffs that slipped through in any other way.

Buffs I chose not to filter
I elected to leave the following buffs untouched: Nalpazca reactions to being drugged or not, Street Fighter health level reactions, Stalker Companion Bond, and Psion Soul Mind. If you have strong opinions, make them known.

Also, being my first mod, I might have unknowingly not observed various NexusMods customs, so feel free to point out errors like that too.

• Like 1

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

They actually did change the name, but I already have her 😛 ("BOON_Ungwith_SE_AllSkills")

My Deadfire mods

• 3 weeks later...

Great! You can thank me by confirming this updated file fixes it 😃

OutWithTheAuras.gamedatabundle

I'm not very knowledgeable about companions/sidekicks, so if there are any other buffs related to them that the mod should hide, do let me know.

• Like 1

My Deadfire mods

Thanks, I've uploaded a new version to Nexus. I also checked all player racials before doing so (no other NPC has a special race, right?), and they all seemed properly designed in this respect 😃

• Like 1

My Deadfire mods

• 2 months later...

Just came to say I'm very grateful for this mod, currently on a no rest run and the amount of clutter just bugs out the hover-over-portrait window if there are too many things. Will endorse once I'm able!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

Hi, this does not seem to hide any equipment based buffs for some characters? But the funny thing is that this phenomenon occurs selectively. That is, it hides equipment buffs for some, but not for others - even when they are the same equipment (e.g. Boots of the Stone, Girdle of Mortal Protection, etc.).