Considering editing my ranger/monk into a geomancer. Seems more fun? I don't see any geomancer builds on the build list here, and was wondering if anyone is aware of a strong geomancer build. Or if it is even strong at all. If not I may swap to ranger/rogue. Monk just seems a bit boring, I just active my swift strikes or whatever and shoot.

The main thing I did with Maia as geomancer is combine various wizard DoTs and Debuffs with Predator's Sense and Merciless Companion for the +50% and +30% pet damage bonus. You could also probably find some synergies with Takedown Combo (pure DoTs don't remove the damage buff, of which the wizard has a few).

I had a melee Stalker/Wizard once who used The Willbreaker, highest AR and Animal Companion + Essential Phantom with Draining Tough. It was a very good solo build. I soloed Neriscyrlas with it on PotD without any consumables or rest bonuses.

Driving Flight + Blunderbusses (also hand mortars or Minor Blights) + Powder Burns + Combusting Wounds is a very decent combo for a ranged Geomancer. Especially if you add Heaven's Cacophony for the Avenging Storm. Note that Blinding Smoke from Hand Mortar triggers Avenging Storms. With Driving Flight you will generate hundreds of hit rolls from Blinding Smoke if you manage to initially hit enough enemies. Every hit roll triggers a lightning which will trigger Combusting Wounds. Tough encounters may become a joke. You can lure enemies to a spot from stealth with Dazzling Lights (don't hit them). Drop a Pull of Eora or Binding Web on them and start Combusting Wounds + shooting.

Also Frostseeker + Avenging Storm + Combusting Wounds works very well. Same with Watershaper's Focus (+Ondra's Wave). Interestingly those effects don't cancel each other. 

As @thelee said, Takedown Combo (+100% dmg on next hit) + DoTs is awesome (although I prefer Disintegrate + Takedown Combo). It's also great with high base dmg spells like Killing Bolt. 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods