Weird - Random - Interesting

Amentep

On 2/24/2020 at 7:43 AM, Gfted1 said:

Your interpretation skills are on par with the other clown alley residents. :lol: Im not qq-ing over their "TBI", dont care. Im qq-ing over the sad so sad efforts of the press to paint this attack as more devastating than it was. That and I think Ive accidentally solved the phenomenon of missing data! Its all about the quantum entanglement. Maybe you got a TBI from the attack too? I occasionally almost get one from reading post around here. :p  

You wrote this in response to Amentep. 

There is a trend of people not understanding you. Do you really not recognize that?

On 2/25/2020 at 7:38 AM, Gfted1 said:

Aye. Of the three respondents; one is triggered by words but should know better, one is seemingly literally retarded, and one suffered an actual TBI in aught 17 and now voluminously debates things nobody said. But do you know what they have in common? They are incapable of discussing my point or link and instead discuss ME. Thats what internet clowns do. :shrugz:

This is where you used the word retard while attacking 3 other posters. 

Look, I'm not sure where I insulted you so bad that you feel the need to go on with these attacks, but I apologize. We've been on this forums for years and I'm happy to say sorry if I've upset you. I also freely admit that I struggle to understand where you are coming from, and that is partially on me, but maybe you can make an effort to be more clear as well. Otherwise we are just spinning our internet wheels here and not growing or maturing.

military is aware o' dangers o' tbi and tests all who is w/i 50 meters of such a blast regardless o' being sheltered or not. shake ground. hear noise. "the doors appeared to bend like waves with every hit that reverberated through the shelter." as amentep correct observes, being in a bunker (or vehicle) can protect from initial blast effects such as shrapnel and heat, but surfaces o' bunker can potential reflect blast wave in ways harmful to humans. one ignorant poster opined 'bout blast wave traveling down hallway, but am suspecting such a hallway could indeed create a jet-vortex which would actual amplify effects and might explain the manner in which the door (a door which could act as does surface o' a drum transmitting wave as 'posed to suppressing) behaved as described 'bove. might wanna avoid long and straight hallways, but w/o data folks such as general friedrichs is left with testing impact on those non-volunteer human lab rats at al-asad. am thinking general friedrichs knows more than rando internet loudmouth qq ing 'cause o' endless tbi stories, but that is just our gut talking.

'ccording to military briefing we shared, and somebody likely didn't bother to read, lack o' acute injuries were indeed miraculous not 'cause o' the numbers o' tbi but 'cause o' the proximity o' the blasts. the notion the iranians were avoiding areas populated by US soldiers were somewhat quietly dispelled by the military in spite o' trump assertions. regardless, lack o' visible injuries is as relevant to tbi as were the picture o' the bunkers space or the penguin, 'cause such injuries is not determinative indicators for tbi.

recent study of many folks in danger who would never show physical injury.

https://www.rand.org/content/dam/rand/pubs/conf_proceedings/CF300/CF380z1/RAND_CF380z1.pdf

and

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK299229/

second study is worth noting 'cause it identifies human brain model efforts. obvious much o' the testing is being performed on lab animals. rats is mentioned. no doubt will be cringeworthy, but we would be surprised if numerous chimps weren't being exposed to blast effects in a lab somewhere. ain't the same as human testing. is why we mentioned how we were genuine surprised the department o' defense had good sense to reach out to the ncaa and nfl. the football organizations got a whole lotta practical experience with brain injury screening even if they ain't always forthcoming with the data. computer brain models likely won't replace football players and chimps, but one can hope.

*shrug*

regardless, thread is a good reminder o' why is possible to have flat earthers in 2020. perhaps microwave ovens work by magic?

one wonders if concussions is also mysterious and unbelievable when they fail to produce physical visible injury. no cracked skull and not even a visible bruise, but everyday you got people s'posed suffering concussions and getting expensive medical treatment? bunch o' malarkey cooked up by snowflakes.

nothing wrong with being ignorant. however, defending ignorance is curious and amusing, particular given the willingness to label others as mental deficient.

that said, qqing 'bout the continued tbi stories is a gift which keeps on giving.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

19 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

This is where you used the word retard while attacking 3 other posters. 

No. I said one was seemingly retarded (we can go with mentally challenged), one is actually damaged, and one was upset.

But we can let it go. :) 

12 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

voluminous noises

:lol: So you got any data on the impervious Iraqi's or how soft tissue damage was avoided ~6 inches to the left, right, or forefront of the affected regions? No, of course not.

19 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

No. I said one was seemingly retarded (we can go with mentally challenged), one is actually damaged, and one was upset.

But we can let it go. :) 

Yeah, I'm not going to just let it go. I apologized for any misunderstanding, but you have not apologized for the insults. 

we got no data at all concerning iraqi injuries. do you? initial reports from wh that iranians purposeful did not direct missiles at US populated areas were hokum. have no idea 'bout iraqi numbers, but with all the advanced warning, iraqis no doubt had the option of leaving the area, which would not have been a viable alternative for US troops at a us air base in iraq.

absence o' any data supporting or rejecting is the basis o' rando loudmouth complaints? somehow hurl is the one s'posed mental deficient. go figure.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

@Hurlshot: Sorry I called you retarded. 

All Iraqi's left on the base were most likely completely chunked, which makes a postmortem impossible. We'll probably never get to the bottom of this magical shock wave which precisely targets US service personnel in the brain, whilst completely bypassing every other known structure and bodily system. ;( We really need to get our hands on a Fateh warhead and see whats going on in there. 

Moving on, whats the think tanks opinion on the "Havana Syndrome" ray that the Cubans have devised?

• Thanks 1

It's extremely unlikely that anyone checked Iraqis for anything other than direct injuries anyway. Whether they'd prove anything either way is moot if the stats simply don't exist. No Iraqis died, there's never been any suggestion that they did.

The main question for anyone skeptical of the number of TBIs or their presence at all would be why the US would make up the injuries and numbers. I've been highly skeptical of US claims in the past, but I can't come up with any reason why they'd lie in this case and plenty of reasons why they wouldn't- it's probably more in their interests to lie about there being no injuries if there were some.

The Havana Ray, if it exists, almost certainly isn't Cuban. It just makes a nice place to test things because you know Cuba will be blamed. It's probably Chinese.

Edited by Zoraptor

we would be more likely to consider a conspiracy o' underreported tbi as 'posed to over. wh were dismissive o' headaches and such, so is ez to come up with motivations for the us military underreporting.

as noted previous, the most common complaints regarding ncaa and nfl screening for brain trauma is that their efforts fails to adequate identify enough victims.  general friedrichs in the briefing recognized a few o' the practical hurdles insofar as getting relevant soldiers tested, but as far as we know, ncaa and nfl has never expressed complete confidence in their screening methodology the way the general did. if the military has developed a superior screening procedure, am hopeful they share with the public.

regardless, got a conspiracy theory based on ignorance with an absent raison d'etre other than a reflexive the media lies about everything.

HA! Good Fun!

Good lord this hasn't even happened yet and it has already gotten out of hand: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/sex-robots-coding-flaws-prone-21603652

Who you gonna call?

Image result for blade runner

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

2 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

“Fake News” Web Sites May Not Have a Major Effect on Elections.

I guess we can clean out our underwear now.

Pretty sure the vast majority of this is just confirmation bias for people already voting one way. It's hard to imagine there are sizable numbers of people on the fence that are swayed by some of the crazy stories you see on the internet.

The latest battle over the Confederate flag isn’t happening where you’d expect

I grew up not that far from the westernmost battle* of the Civil War and find "the Far Western Front" stuff pretty interesting because it's local history and usually ignored or glossed over.

*It was less than 2 dozen people so I want to make sure to set expectations appropriately. Also, the badder guys won.

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

On 3/4/2020 at 5:57 PM, rjshae said:

That is pretty cool! Put your finger on one of the corners and to your eyes they stop moving. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

On 3/2/2020 at 2:07 AM, Skazz said:

Plot twist: due to technical limitations, all sexbots will look like C3-PO.

This is the way.

I wonder how many here remembers Fisto?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Pig born with "human" face: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/mutant-piglet-born-human-face-21666664

OK seriously guys, don't have sex with your livestock!

Thomas Sowell