Weird - Random - Interesting

Amentep

5 hours ago, Gorth said:

How do you think we ended  up with 5 (five!) fingers, the design was for 4 :unsure:

I  spent most of my career as an engineer and I can absolutely confirm the design plan as approved will be revised many times before production!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

2 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

I  spent most of my career as an engineer and I can absolutely confirm the design plan as approved will be revised many times before production!

30 years of software engineering / development, I can relate 😝

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

6 hours ago, Lexx said:

Sounds like bs that can be applied to, like, anything else.

well, anything which could be considered escapist. call sci-fi escapist kinda ignores a large % o' scifi. 1984, fahrenheit 451, and brave new world is gonna be tough to label as escapist. no power trip fantasies in much o' the more dystopian scifi. 

similar, but kinda reversed, fantasy works such as beowulf, gilgamesh and the iliad/odyssey could be described as escapist, but is doubtful you see such labels attached. 

regardless, am agreeing the article suggest an overbroad categorization, but is probable some merit in identifying much o' modern entertainment to be escapist. am doubting any reputable academic or mental health pro would be afeard o' a rich fantasy life and indulging in a bit o' escapism from time-to-time. level where such fantasies becomes psychotic, debilitating or harmful is a legit but am suspecting a very minor concern.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

ExtremeTech - What's this, it's not the grand canyon...

micro-crack-steel-canyon-640x550.jpg

believe it or not, the crack you are looking at is not a chasm of gargantuan proportions; it is actually a micro-crack just 30 micrometers (0.03mm) across. This photo, titled “Microcanyon,” was taken with a scanning electron microscope by Martina Dienstleder, and is this year’s winner of the FEI Owner Image Contest (FEI make electron microscopes).

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Number of US troops wounded in Iran attack now at 110: Pentagon.

Do you guys know what this signifies! Due to the laws of statistical extrapolation, and prolly quantum entanglement, every. single. US service member located anywhere in the middle east has probably suffered a TBI due to this attack and just doesnt know it yet. Very very bad.

For someone who complains a lot about people going qq over stuff, you sure are spending a lot of time going qq over this everytime they update the numbers.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Your interpretation skills are on par with the other clown alley residents. :lol: Im not qq-ing over their "TBI", dont care. Im qq-ing over the sad so sad efforts of the press to paint this attack as more devastating than it was. That and I think Ive accidentally solved the phenomenon of missing data! Its all about the quantum entanglement. Maybe you got a TBI from the attack too? I occasionally almost get one from reading post around here. :p  

it's not every day a flat-earther dies in a rocket accident.

Daredevil 'Mad' Mike Hughes Killed In Crash Of Homemade Rocket

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

5 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Your interpretation skills are on par with the other clown alley residents. :lol: Im not qq-ing over their "TBI", dont care. Im qq-ing over the sad so sad efforts of the press to paint this attack as more devastating than it was. That and I think Ive accidentally solved the phenomenon of missing data! Its all about the quantum entanglement. Maybe you got a TBI from the attack too? I occasionally almost get one from reading post around here. :p  

I didnt say you were qq-ing over their TBI but qq-ing over the updating of the numbers. Someone has some reading comprehension difficulties, and I'm not convinced it is me.

Anyhow, all I'm saying is I find your weird obsession with this, well, weird.

• Haha 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

1 hour ago, Hurlshot said:

Nobody understands him and it is clearly our faults. 😭

am pretty sure hurl understands just fine. and that is the problem.

HA! Good Fun!

OY! I think I just caught another TBI reading those responses. 🤡's

The especially hilarious part of the reporting to me is that everyone specifically suffered TBI's. While hiding in bunkers. That were not targeted at all. And suffered no observable injuries except TBI. I wonder how many Iraqi troops on the base suffered TBI? I imagine its either zero or infinity. :lol: 

TBI's include concussions.   You can give yourself a concussion by accidentally bopping your head on a bed-post or by walking into a low hanging door facing without stooping enough.

Aye. Of the three respondents; one is triggered by words but should know better, one is seemingly literally retarded, and one suffered an actual TBI in aught 17 and now voluminously debates things nobody said. But do you know what they have in common? They are incapable of discussing my point or link and instead discuss ME. Thats what internet clowns do. :shrugz:

Feel free to dismiss me as a TBI effected individual, but I have trouble discussing your point because I don't understand your point.

My point in posting is that you seem to feel very strongly about this subject, but have couched the links you provide in such hyperbole that I cannot fathom what you are trying to say and why you keep bringing it up.  You seem strongly...something - miffed? bemused? exasperated? - I don't know.  I don't get it, and I don't get why you're passionate about it.  I tried to use the qq jargon in an attempt to communicate with you as it seems like the vast majority of your posts are using net-lingo like that and that this issue has connected to you in some deep way that I don't understand.  Obviously this method failed.

So about your link, numbers fluctuate in the aftermath of any kind of event, much less a mass event.  Depending on how the Pentagon is categorizing TBI's it could range from "was close enough to an explosion to have received injury from a shock wave to the brain" to "gave self concussion trying to exit the shower when the alarm went off" meaning that the raw numbers are, somewhat meaningless.  Assuming that everyone who was injured was injured in ways that weren't directly related to the missile strikes, but to mishap in scrambling for cover, etc. then I don't see a discrepancy between the initial statements, including Trump's, and the reality. YMMV as I don't get why you're hung up on these news upated and obviously, politicians are going politic regarding anyone saying something that can be spun in a way to look untrue so that has to be contextualized as well.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2020 at 9:03 AM, Amentep said:

For someone who complains a lot about people going qq over stuff, you sure are spending a lot of time going qq over this everytime they update the numbers.

58 minutes ago, Amentep said:

My point in posting is that you seem to feel very strongly about this subject, but have couched the links you provide in such hyperbole that I cannot fathom what you are trying to say and why you keep bringing it up.  You seem strongly...something - miffed? bemused? exasperated? - I don't know.  I don't get it, and I don't get why you're passionate about it.  I tried to use the qq jargon in an attempt to communicate with you as it seems like the vast majority of your posts are using net-lingo like that and that this issue has connected to you in some deep way that I don't understand.  Obviously this method failed.

Aww shucks, thats super thoughtful of you! Total bs, but a great display of gymnastics. In the future you can just reply to my topic and dont you worry your head about my personal feels on a matter. r00fles!

So instead of actually responding to my posts, you're just going to continue to dance around the topic by poking at me?  

So, simple questions - why are you posting about the TBI numbers?  Why does this story interest you enough that you are still posting about it 2 weeks later?  What discussion are you trying to engender?  Or are you just spamming?