Weird - Random - Interesting

Amentep

19 minutes ago, TrueNeutral said:

Ah, hah, so it wasn't climate change related at all! 😛

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I must say I am finding the whole Prince Harry & Meghan Markle Brexit to be very entertaining. Usually I don't pay the British royal family any mind. Sure they do some good stuff but in the end they are sort of like national pets for Great Britain. Heck I think the Queen's corgis have more agency over their lives than she does. 

Now Harry and Meghan want out and everyone is shocked. Can't imagine why. I mean everyone has been so nice to her there right? The nicest things they said about her was that she had "exotic DNA". Less nice was she was "Straight out of Compton". And of course who can forget comparing he baby to a chimpanzee. Her treatment by the other royals hasn't been much better apparently. Yep... can't imagine why anyone would want to get away from all that. 

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

4 minutes ago, rjshae said:

Americans fought and died for the privilege of ignoring the Royals. I honor their sacrifice. 😛

And took French money to do so... ;)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

3 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

The nicest things they said about her was that she had "exotic DNA". Less nice was she was "Straight out of Compton". And of course who can forget comparing he baby to a chimpanzee.

Color me surprised that in response to this post I googled her and found out that she isn't just a brunette white girl with too much time in the tanning salon. Does that make me less or more racist? 

Dogs Prefer to Poo Along a North-South Axis

" Researchers have found that dogs use Earth’s magnetic fields to align their bowel and bladder movements - and they prefer to relieve themselves along a north-south axis. In fact, canines will actively avoid going to the bathroom in an east-west direction, the study found. "

• Like 2
  • Gasp! 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

They're pretty big, yeah, about a metre long if I remember correctly.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

On 1/8/2020 at 1:00 AM, Malcador said:

Ah, hah, so it wasn't climate change related at all! 😛

One of Trumps bosom buddies, Rupert Murdoch has landed in the spotlight for deliberately lying about the causes of fires in his conservative propaganda media empire (News Corp), trying to sell the idea that climate change isn't real, it's all arson. Trump Jr., being from a family of pathological liars, of course jumped the bandwagon, retweeting the lies.

Trying to sell the idea that it's caused by almost 200 cases of arson rather than unusually warm and dry summers. The real number is 24 cases of arson, throughout 2019, none of which were related to the current bush fires but a mix ranging from mentally disturbed people who loves fire to insurance fraud, people trying to burn down property to claim insurance money..

A number of other "fire related" offenses includes violating complete fire bans by using a BBQ in your garden and stuff like that, not necessarily causing fires. If Fox News is completely untrustworthy because of their tunnel vision perspective of the world, News Corp outlets are untrustworthy because of outright lies. Funny the Trump family isn't busy labeling them as "fake news" ;)

Makes you wonder what goes on inside the heads of people like that...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-51071800

_110470267_059051462-1.jpg.b76f3af48ba9c957d186cdc270cf5e35.jpg

• Like 3

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

26 minutes ago, Raithe said:

Despite clueless idiots like the 66 year old in this article (may he rot in jail, although he's likely to go free because of his age), it looks like even little ol' Denmark may end up with a wolf population again (they have been effectively extinct there since 1812)

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/may/01/wild-wolf-shot-and-killed-in-denmark

• Like 3

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein