Amentep

Today - what you've done

Just spent the last six days camping and fishing with Sunny & Bella in Florida. The weather was beautiful and, best of all, we had the entire island to ourselves... until today anyway. I was planning on staying through tomorrow but other folks came in and set up camp this morning. So we are heading back home today.

No phone, no radio, no internet, or technology of any kind. The most advanced equipment I carried was a flashlight. We fished from sunrise until lunch, Took a walk around the island or up Shired Creek towards the Suwanee in the early afternoon then fished again from around 5 until sunset. I caught reds and spotted trout, including two big ones, off the oyster bars. Then read by the campfire in the evening. It was awesome. 

I'm telling you guys.. this modern life we live is no damned good for anyone. The stress, the noise, the hectic pace... who needs this s--t? When was the last time you just stopped to watch a sunrise or sun set? Or really looked at the stars? Thoreau was right about a lot of things. This most of all; Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they're after.

• Like 4

"Don't blame me! I voted for Kodos!"

As Bob Marley said “The day you stop racing, is the day you win the race.”. 

Sadly my management disagrees with this philosophy. Pft.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

35 minutes ago, Malcador said:

As Bob Marley said “The day you stop racing, is the day you win the race.”.

The real treasure was

U N E M P L O Y M E N T

• Gasp! 1