Today - what you've done

Amentep

It feels weird watching the world grind to a near halt while my life has remained mostly unchanged. The benefit of hauling food products, I guess; they can't shut us down because mass starvation would be a lot worse than anything COVID-19 can do. That kind of job security feels especially good during this crazy time.

I feel for the people in precarious financial situations, which, here in Murica, is a shockingly high percentage of the population. I was living relatively close to check to check myself before I made my career change 2 years ago.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

There is a lot of work to be done but we are ordered to stay home for now. Sucks but such is life during a pandemic I guess. :( Watched some dude play this old PS2 game on twitch.tv(Robot Alchemic Drive) and now I just wanna play it. 

...and now it's lunch time. I'll fix myself a burger I guess. After that I'll pray my dad doesn't get sick until I fall asleep. 

It's funny, I find a job somwhere and after years things start falling into place and suddenly there is a global pandemic. Sometimes I wonder if this life is just a simulation and the programmer is  trying to p*ss me off...

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

14 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

It feels weird watching the world grind to a near halt while my life has remained mostly unchanged. The benefit of hauling food products, I guess; they can't shut us down because mass starvation would be a lot worse than anything COVID-19 can do. That kind of job security feels especially good during this crazy time.

I feel for the people in precarious financial situations, which, here in Murica, is a shockingly high percentage of the population. I was living relatively close to check to check myself before I made my career change 2 years ago.

Yeah, I'm pretty safe aswell, the company is jointly owned by two governments and we ship alot of medical equipment, not to mention that online shops ship through us. We don't deal in foodstuffs though. On the downside alot of drivers are staying home sick, so my education just keeps getting pushed forward.

13 minutes ago, Katphood said:

There is a lot of work to be done but we are ordered to stay home for now. Sucks but such is life during a pandemic I guess. :( Watched some dude play this old PS2 game on twitch.tv(Robot Alchemic Drive) and now I just wanna play it. 

...and now it's lunch time. I'll fix myself a burger I guess. After that I'll pray my dad doesn't get sick until I fall asleep. 

It's funny, I find a job somwhere and after years things start falling into place and suddenly there is a global pandemic. Sometimes I wonder if this life is just a simulation and the programmer is  trying to p*ss me off...

Oh yeah, someone sadistic as all hell is playing The Sims global edition with our lives. 😄

• Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Well, I haven't left my home in 17 days but today.... gotta go out. Going to Tractor Supply in Covington because the 60/40 pressure switch on my well crapped out. But... I am prepared!

90808132_148584833293887_586987953798617

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

32 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

Well, I haven't left my home in 17 days but today.... gotta go out. Going to Tractor Supply in Covington because the 60/40 pressure switch on my well crapped out. But... I am prepared!

90808132_148584833293887_586987953798617

Heh, that hand sanitizer reminds me, I've bought 500ml of anal lube and scavanged two used bottles of handsanitizer. My coworker that is nicking "free" hand sanitizer from work is going to get an unpleasant surprise.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

16 hours ago, Azdeus said:

Apropos of nothing, my coworkers made me a wee bit depressed today when noone knew about Pandora. Or Homer, never heard of the Odyssey, except the Assassins Creed game, nor Hippocrates. I'm not surprised they knew about Pythagoras, nor that they didn't know of Eratosthenes.

But c'mon, Pandora?! Hippocrates?! ;_;

It really just depends on what the pop culture trends end up being.  I mean, we cover a ton of content in school, but people really only retain about 5-10% of that. You need more to really inject it into the public consciousness. For example, Norse Mythology is big right now thanks to the Marvel movies blowing up. Greek mythology just needs that same push to get it out there, and clearly Percy Jackson wasn't a big enough hit. 

• Like 2

Sooo... what you're saying is Xena and Hercules has made me what I am today? 😁

• Like 1

I dug up my old netbook (Asus Eee PC), which I have not used for years, and attempting to install Win10 on it. I am not fond of the idea of working from home, but it seems there's little choice. The netbook meets the minimum requirements for the OS (1GB RAM), so I am quite optimistic.

42 minutes ago, Hawke64 said:

I dug up my old netbook (Asus Eee PC), which I have not used for years, and attempting to install Win10 on it. I am not fond of the idea of working from home, but it seems there's little choice. The netbook meets the minimum requirements for the OS (1GB RAM), so I am quite optimistic.

Similarly, I try to never use laptops, but happened to see a deal on a relatively low-end-but-surprisingly-solid Ryzen one for $200 a few months back and decided what the heck - never wanted a gaming laptop anyways for heat and ergonomic reasons. Very glad I did, because teleconferencing has suddenly become a must for everything. It came with a budget SSD, and I replaced the RAM with 16GB (came with 4GB) and it has actually since become a shockingly well-performing laptop.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

5 hours ago, Azdeus said:

I've bought 500ml of anal lube and scavanged two used bottles of handsanitizer. My coworker that is nicking "free" hand sanitizer from work is going to get an unpleasant surprise.

Or a really exciting surprise, depending on what they're into. :shifty:

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

43 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Or a really exciting surprise, depending on what they're into. :shifty:

Well, considering how much we've been "corrupting" him at work, that is actually highly likely xD

Just a couple of weeks ago we taught him about katoeys... He was very upset. 😄

3 hours ago, Azdeus said:

Well, considering how much we've been "corrupting" him at work, that is actually highly likely xD

Just a couple of weeks ago we taught him about katoeys... He was very upset. 😄

So have you shown him Goatse, 2 Girls 1 Cup, Meatspin or Tubgirl yet? Kathoeys are amateur hour, really. :p

edit: Should any readers not know, then please, don't google it. Really. Or at least don't blame me for your curiosity. Also very much not safe for work.

Edited by majestic
Word of warning.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Haha! Why not throw in lemonparty in that? 😛

Nah, I'd have to physically restrain him for that, we can't trick him with those! He's a muslim, and he hates gay and trans people, so when he expressed interest in a transgendered girl on a tv-show we were half-watching while working we decided amongst ourselves to "corrupt" him.

I successfully practiced social distancing while jogging. There were less people in the park, than usual, but more, than I had expected (Sunday, 7 AM, cold).

The OS upgrade went somehow successful - now the netbook uses Win10, but I forgot to keep specific drivers and now got stuck with the 800x600 display resolution. I did manage to install an antivirus, a browser (MS Edge does not count) and TeamViewer and connect to my work PC. I tried to set up the monitor I had used with my PS3 (the PSP-shaped one), but for some reason neither my main PC nor the netbook were able to detect it. The HDMI cable looks undamaged, and it had worked with Wii U (several years ago) just fine, so I am at a loss what is wrong.

• Like 1

^good for you.  Can't get paper towels, paper napkins, or hand sanitizer locally myself

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

On 3/29/2020 at 12:32 AM, Azdeus said:

Haha! Why not throw in lemonparty in that? 😛

Well why not, but I've always found that image to be rather tame in comparison, at least compared to most of the others (Meatspin's pretty similar minus the ageism :p).

• Haha 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

4 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

My wife and I went grocery shopping and everything is in stock. :shrugz: Tried to go do my emissions test but that office was closed. Never made it to Home Depot so Ill slot that for tomorrow.

Ship me some ramen?

Only thing left around here are brands I've never heard of and the occasional shrimp flavor in brands that I have heard of

Free games updated 3/4/21

23 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Ship me some ramen?

Only thing left around here are brands I've never heard of and the occasional shrimp flavor in brands that I have heard of

we always buy the cheapest ramen we can find, then throw away everything but the noodles. is weird, but is usual cheaper to buy ramen noodles as part o' packaged meals than to buy ramen noodles.

our current biggest problem for any kinda ramen is finding fresh garlic and ginger.  we got a few sooper ez ramen recipes which use peanut butter or tahini but am always needing cloves o' garlic and an a bit over an inch o' garlic.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Considered Essential. Still doing 10 hour days. Realized during all of this that me and the lady don't have a thermometer (we're getting one second hand tomorrow).

Prior to this whole corona virus stuff we were slated to move to Atlanta for family reasons, and mental health.  Trying to sell your house, buy another one, get a transfer, and organize all that BS over 18 hours drive away is a trip. Already had two options fall through down in ATL because of bad things.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Long time no see Calax, welcome back :)

our first ever anticipatory "today-what you've done" post.

am taking off this april fool's day. ordinarily we would chuckle at the lack o' imagination displayed by folks applying vaseline to windshield wiper blades as their contribution to the day's whimsy, but this year those sophomoric hijinks rings a bit hollow.

our own april fool's pranks tend towards the elaborate and rely on multiple co-conspirators. have a group o' friends commit a prank means the aggrieved need be angry at all o' you.  sure, is cowardly to hide your villainy in a group, but is also effective.

regardless, given social distancing guidelines limiting our group participation options, as well as being aware 'nuff to recognize how the line 'tween funny and hurtful is more easily mistaken when people is stressed, am gifting our friends and family with a pass this year. 

is arguable our lack o' wisdom is making every day an april fool's day, but am foregoing the official observance this year.

yet another covid-19 sacrifice being made for the greater good.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I'm not as considerate as you admittedly, I'm sticking firm with my lube/hand sanitizer prank, because we don't work with people here, so the impact will be negligable since hand sanitizer doesn't work on grease anyway. Despite people trying it xD

Since working from home this week, I've been busy sorting stuff out to work on different projects in my spare time. The double garage is converted into an open plan home office with three computers desks, ten cabinets, some small tables and various other things. The entire garage has carpet tiles so it looks like an office. It feels so weird to be able to sleep in and just walk downstairs into an open plan office and start working. But it's great to take a break and watch some YouTube videos or work on something else in my own time for an hour or so and then go back to work. There's a lot of retro gaming projects with old computers and game systems that I've been working on. Also, been going through my comic book collection.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist
  • Like 1