Today - what you've done

Amentep

Halloween is going to be off the chain this year once this blows over and people are left with closets full of toilet paper.:wowey:

8c010bfba0dc1be6b460b15ff1c09b6d.jpg

Edited by Keyrock
  • Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Was going to go shopping/stocking a bit this afternoon, then got advance warning of area "lockdown" announcement (hubby's client does a lot of govnt work) and rushed out earlier. I was going by myself but after that hubby insisted to go with me because y'never know how ppl will be I guess? He's so sweet, worrying.

It's a total madhouse. The crowds/empty shelves etc no carts. But not as bad as it could've been if we'd gone later like planned. The parking lots were cramming even worse as we left. No extra toilet paper but plenty of food for a couple weeks or more at least. 

The Bay Area so far will be a voluntary "stay at home" starting at midnight, where they might stop you if you're out and tell you to go home etc but not enforced (schools/business are different, many closed/closing etc). Hubby's work was already preparing for all remote workers keeping hubby very busy setting/keeping that all up (also from home).

Amazon Fresh is totally out of the question/out here, which is kind of ironic since having groceries delivered would seem "safer" then standing in lines crammed with your fellow humans.  :lol: The grocery store workers were working hard we gave them thumbs up as we passed through. I feel terrible for anyone (individual or business) where something like this could really hurt them financially. The economy ... it's a worry.

For myself tho, besides stocking up, nothing changes for me. Stay home, play video games - only govnt sanctioned now.  coh-lul1.png

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Been a weird few could of days. After everything that happened on my wife's birthday the vibe in the house has been a bit tense which really sucks because I'm working from home for at least the next couple of weeks. MiL has somehow cast herself as the victim in all this and my wife has had to be the parent in the relationship and try to move things on.

2 more months...

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Free games updated 3/4/21

You have my sympathies Shady, sounds like the worst timing ever..

My bosses has started to regret offering me a licence for lorries, noone seems willing or able to take on the tasks that I have besides the normal gatehouse stuff. xD

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

9 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Been a weird few could of days. After everything that happened on my wife's birthday the vibe in the house has been a bit tense which really sucks because I'm working from home for at least the next couple of weeks. MiL has somehow cast herself as the victim in all this and my wife has had to be the parent in the relationship and try to move things on.

2 more months...

If you get through this without developing some kind of alcohol dependency you are a better man that I am!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

2 hours ago, ComradeMaster said:

My job shut down for two weeks, and we all get regular pay during that time.

Now what the Hell to do in the meantime.

You've just been handed a two week paid vacation. But can't actually GO anywhere or do much. It's very ironic isn't it? 

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Since Im "working from home" I went and did some more overshopping. Imo, its only a matter of time before my town follows other major metropolitan so I dont want to get stuck on lockdown with no supplies. More beef, potatoes, can goods, actually got lucky and found milk and eggs, brauts, pork loin, frozen pizza, etc...I think Im ok for a minute. :lol: 

Man, I can't even buy water anymore... all supermarkets are empty. Have never experienced anything like that ever before.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

the hoarders are a bane. have been trying to shop for our neighbors. we live in a gated community where folks tend towards older. next door neighbor is a cancer survivor in her late seventies who cares for her husband who has alzheimer's. two doors down from us is a woman current going through cancer and her husband who suffers from chf. etc. is 'bout four people we offered to do shopping for them if we were already shopping for self... which has morphed into Gromnir going to store for toothpaste or a single bunch o' parsley just so we have an excuse to do shopping for ___________. 

this am we went to store with an extreme reasonable list for neighbor folks, save for fact they added tp to list and we forewarned her that such would be highly unlikely. 

mayonnaise, dozen eggs, 4 avocados, 5lb bag potatoes, frozen peas, frozen corn, and a gallon o' 2% milk.

were able to get half gallon o' milk, avocados and a couple cans o' corn in water, which we made a career move regarding and decided to purchase in lieu o' frozen as there were nothing available in the freezer section o' the local store save for ice cream and a few other specialty items . 

we would mention how the hoarders are most hurting the folks at greatest danger from the virus as is the old and folks with med conditions who cannot run all over town to find food and supplies who is suffering, but am knowing am up against the indifferent to almost anything as long as it doesn't affect me or mine mentality.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 5

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

You're a good man, Gromnir.

Some stores around here have started doing "elderly hours" in the mornings so that high risk people, caretakers, and whatnot can come do some shopping without crowds and while stocks are still fresh.

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

54 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Some stores around here have started doing "elderly hours" in the mornings so that high risk people, caretakers, and whatnot can come do some shopping without crowds and while stocks are still fresh.

Great idea, honestly.

Sure, there will always be indifferent douches out there - Armageddon be damned - but it's stuff like this and Gromnir's post that make me think that, in the end, ol' Nicholas Edward Cave was wrong.

And that's a great feeling.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShadySands said:

You're a good man, Gromnir.

Yeah two of the big grocery chains here are doing that too. It makes a heck of a lot of sense whoever thought of it. 

Thomas Sowell

If it wasn't for dog food I could live off my stores for six months comfortably. If I really had to I could "live off the land" so to speak indefinitely. Rather not have to but the option is there. Dog food is a problem though. The pups eat 18 lbs a  week of dry food and one 12 oz can between them per day. Well, storing cans in no problem. I have 10 cases. 240 days. When Amazon or Chewy has them on sale (they do frequently) I buy a lot. Dry food is a bigger problem. I can only store 120 lbs of it at one time. 6 weeks worth. I was considering doubling my storage but space is getting tight. The food I feed them is holistic and has a three month spoilage. If I store any more I'll run into a problem off the food spoiling faster than they can eat it. But just a six week supply of any essential strikes me as being unprepared. 

Unless I got another dog.... hmmm then I can double my storage and stay ahead of the spoilage curve. Hmmmm…..

OK, I must admit I consider myself to be a rational and well grounded individual. But I get nuts when it comes to "prepping". You'd think I was trapped on Mars with no resupply coming like the astronaut from The Martian. I have, easily, over 10k rounds of ammunition total for my various firearms. And I still buy a box of each every month. I will never live long enough to use all of it. 

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Hubby's sick.   :sorcerer:

Don't think he has a fever tho.  Probably just a normal cold. See, he shouldn't have gone out shopping the last couple times. Me I still feel fine. But hubby ain't getting no hugs from me for a while.  :lol:

• Sad 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Since I had to leave work for a meet at the driving school my replacement just assigned random trailers and random drivers to trips without asking him, so now I have the great pleasure of fixing things. 🥴

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

My black eyed peas and snap peas are starting to sprout! It took about 10 days. Fastest ever IIRC. Soil PH, it matters! 

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

My daughter is livestreaming a tap class in our living room and my son is attending a 4th grade Zoom meeting in his room. My wife is sendng video workouts to her PE students, and I just set up a google drive so students can digitally submit biographies on Renaissance figures. This is the future.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

My daughter is livestreaming a tap class in our living room and my son is attending a 4th grade Zoom meeting in his room. My wife is sendng video workouts to her PE students, and I just set up a google drive so students can digitally submit biographies on Renaissance figures. This is the future.

am old. hurl mentions his child and zoom. so 'course first thing we think o' is

so much for the future. we can't even shrug off the 70s.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)