Today - what you've done

Amentep

From Gorth's "shaky cam" mobile phone...

Edit: Yeah, apologies for the terrible audio. You just can't capture stuff like that decently on a phone.

• Like 4

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The water heater at my workplace broke, so they've turned off the water... I've got to ration coffee, and it's doing terrible things to my temper ;_;

• Sad 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

40 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

The water heater at my workplace broke, so they've turned off the water... I've got to ration coffee, and it's doing terrible things to my temper ;_;

To say nothing of productivity.

• Haha 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Well, there's basically nothing to produce today, especially compared to christmas. It's dead here. I've been sitting on my ass, not drinking enough coffee, for 4h and worked a total of 15 minutes. I did kill a bit of time speaking to a driver here for 45 minutes. Without interruptions. ._.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

10 hours ago, Gromnir said:

ok, am gonna admit this image has bothered us every time we view. bottom left o' the pic, next to the woman in the snakeskin (or at least animal print ) jacket is somebody doing something vague with their hands which looks like kinda picking at their fingernails. ew. real issue is...

stripped object is a hat? am maybe looking at it wrong, but am not certain at what am looking. is probable obvious and am having somehow made difficult, but...

HA! Good Fun!

Looks like a hoodie or headscarf to me.  The striped part curves close to the head like a hoodie or headscarf can, the solid band is the opening for the face (which, per the angle is away from us) and just past that you can see what to me appears to be grey hair jutting past the front of the apparel. 

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I guess it's a slouchy hat, as if the guy needs to appear more douchey.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

11 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Its day 9 of "no sun" in Chicago, which apparently broke a record of ~25 years.

If it makes you feel better, over the last week or so I've gone from Delaware to Minnesota to Nebraska to Pennsylvania back to Delaware, and now I'm in Tennessee heading for Texas and I may have seen 4 or 5 hours total of sun during that time. It's been perma-overcast seemingly everywhere in the eastern half of the US.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The State Assembly is back in session. They are starting to spend the taxpayers money again so I have actual work to do again. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

10 hours ago, Amentep said:

Looks like a hoodie or headscarf to me.  The striped part curves close to the head like a hoodie or headscarf can, the solid band is the opening for the face (which, per the angle is away from us) and just past that you can see what to me appears to be grey hair jutting past the front of the apparel. 

I'll probably end up ruining @Gromnir's fun, but from memory, the people in front of us were an elderly Indian couple (guessing on my part, I couldn't honestly tell if they were from India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, whatever, but "South Asian"). Sort of adorable in their affection for each other, hugging, obviously caring for each other and sharing a plastic bowl of what looked like home made curry. With one spoon, taking turns.

Anyway, the couple were sort of the "short and round" type, guessing mid 50's to mid 60's of age, wearing, if not traditional, something that looked inspired by traditional clothes, the woman wearing a head scarf. Covering her hair and shoulders, but not her face. The guy didn't really need anything to cover his head as he was mostly bald 😛

Edit: My Serbian friends and I got lucky with the weather at The Open, not too hot and not too cold, just perfect for hanging around with a few handful beers throughout the evenings...

image0.thumb.jpg.9f4a7c7c590f373dc0667231e864b789.jpg

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

29 minutes ago, Vaeliorin said:

Today I became the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

There was cake. 🎂

Happy 42nd birthday! :) Remember to always carry a towel with you.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Went to two job interviews.  I think I was well received.  I don't need bragging rights compensation, but I *do* need them to accommodate my school schedule.  I'm cautiously optimistic.  The Nurse Manager in one of my interviews said she looks forward to working with me.  That *can't* be a bad sign.  Late in life career choices are a pain.

"Not for the sake of much time..."

I remember when people at concerts used to just dance/rock out when a song started. Now apparently they all hold up phones to record it. :lol: 

That's not a negative thing, btw. If I was at a concert I'm sure I'd do the same thing, hehe.  It's just funny to watch Gorth's video where at the start you can see like half the audience raise their phones. Used to be mostly arms. Then lighters. Then phone screens instead of lighters. Soon we'll have cameras implanted in our eyeballs and then what will places do if they don't want recording devices inside? Ha.

At any rate, it's nice to see Billy Idol's still rockin' and enjoying himself. 

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

this is getting on my nerves. this is the 3rd time since summer that i have to make the 350km trip to my parents' hometown for a funeral. if it goes on like this, by the end of the year i'll need a new car

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

6 hours ago, teknoman2 said:

this is getting on my nerves. this is the 3rd time since summer that i have to make the 350km trip to my parents' hometown for a funeral. if it goes on like this, by the end of the year i'll need a new car

dead people can be so inconsiderate.

there were a time when we were making monthly 500 km trips from santa barbara to berkeley in a 78 cherokee which were always seeming one rusted bolt away from falling apart somewheres on the 101. only broke down twice in 1.5 years o' such trips, but were nerve wracking even so.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

my mother is inconsiderate. i didn't even know him and last time my mother had any contact with that part of the family was before she got married so i dont see why i must lose my entire sunday to go to a pretty much stranger's funeral.

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I poured some 5 hour extra strength energy drink into a 14 percent alcohol content Gold Four Loko can and drank it.  Was very beneficial to my mental state, would do again.

Maybe some day I'll settle down and fall in love and cease this obsession with the petty frivolities of modern consumerist culture but right this instant I'm gonna enjoy it while it lasts.

Edited by ComradeMaster

47 minutes ago, teknoman2 said:

my mother is inconsiderate. i didn't even know him and last time my mother had any contact with that part of the family was before she got married so i dont see why i must lose my entire sunday to go to a pretty much stranger's funeral.

You could not go.  Assuming you really don't want to go. 
But then I'm someone who chose to have very little to do with almost all of my family more then two decades ago  - we're not hostile/they're not bad people or anything, but there were ... reasons ... -  so perhaps I'm not the best example.  :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

On 1/30/2020 at 2:06 AM, Gorth said:

From Gorth's "shaky cam" mobile phone...

Edit: Yeah, apologies for the terrible audio. You just can't capture stuff like that decently on a phone.

I see no symptoms of "shaky cam" or "terrible audio" in this video comrade, very stable and high quality piece.

Decided that, after like... 6 months wait, it was time to install the M.2 disk I bought.

Can't find the mounting screws. >_<

• Like 1

Journal entry day 12: A strange fiery orb has appeared in the sky and the local denizens are confused and excited. The temperature is predicted to reach ~50F and Ive heard whispers of a impromptu Super Bowl garage party breaking out around the corner. Strange times indeed.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Azdeus said:

Decided that, after like... 6 months wait, it was time to install the M.2 disk I bought.

Can't find the mounting screws. >_<

Haha, my friend and I had the same exact experience. For some reason, the stupid things don't come with any.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

Haha, my friend and I had the same exact experience. For some reason, the stupid things don't come with any.

Heh, yeah, after much searching I found a tiny bag with a tiny screw, but no mounting fixture. I managed to get one from a friends old motherboard though, so I've finally installed it! Good thing to, because I couldn't find any loose ones to buy..

It was a huge headache to install it though, the screw wasn't magnetized and I couldn't for the life of me get it on the mounting point - I had to get a piece of scotch-tape to fix it to the end of the screwdriver before I could finally get it into place. Worth it though, damn it's fast!

• Like 1

Getting ready to watch the "big game"...

Go Team Ruff! :lol:

XC56HFVY2REPJA3FGR63OMRH5Q.jpg

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell