FUNNY STUFF THREAD

Amentep

unknown.png?width=579&height=675

• Like 1

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

2 hours ago, algroth said:

Today in "The Outer Worlds is a documentary":

(images)

is likely not the point o' the post, but with 351 pages o' documented social media silliness, Gromnir is not hiring the guy regardless o' contents. 351 pages? 351 pages is only the flagged material? is too likely this shnook is gonna be spending a portion o' his working day responding to social media as 'posed to getting work done. don't care what he thinks 'bout billionaires or pronouns or even the seeming endless stream o' new poodle hybrids people thinks is the keen new dog they gotta own 'stead of going to pound and adopting an animal facing euthanization.

ok, the last one is Gromnir-centric, but fact remains that kinda voluminous social media footprint should be source of shame-face.

and yes, we get this opinion is coming from a guy with 7800 posts on a game development message board at the armpit end o' the internet, but am retired. so there.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

38 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

is likely not the point o' the post, but with 351 pages o' documented social media silliness, Gromnir is not hiring the guy regardless o' contents. 351 pages? 351 pages is only the flagged material? is too likely this shnook is gonna be spending a portion o' his working day responding to social media as 'posed to getting work done. don't care what he thinks 'bout billionaires or pronouns or even the seeming endless stream o' new poodle hybrids people thinks is the keen new dog they gotta own 'stead of going to pound and adopting an animal facing euthanization.

ok, the last one is Gromnir-centric, but fact remains that kinda voluminous social media footprint should be source of shame-face.

and yes, we get this opinion is coming from a guy with 7800 posts on a game development message board at the armpit end o' the internet, but am retired. so there.

HA! Good Fun!

Well, he's looking for a job, so he might've been unemployed. I know from 10 years of experience at being unemployed that unemployment does give you alot of free time to kill.

And somehow I managed to get a job with tonnes of free time to kill aswell. FML.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

42 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

I don't know about this. These 351 pages have three tweets per page, that means 1050 tweets across an indefinite amount of time (could be years) that he might have not even written himself and merely liked or retweeted (that's also what the search was after), and which based on the content of the few examples given looks to cover a very broad array of flags and interpretation of the same. And as Azdeus says, there's a lot of time to kill if one is unemployed. I agree that in general we ought to spend less time in social media in general and be more careful or have better judgement about what we upload to it, but at the same time this sort of twitter background check feels very extreme to me.

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

the shnook selective posted those social media examples he were thinking were particular egregious, so we are hardly getting a fair showing. even so, +1000 flagged strikes us as a large number, even if is broad categorized. as abrasive as is Gromnir, take all our posts from this board, near 15 years worth, and only a small fraction o' posts and likes could conceivable get flagged. heck, we dogged avoided wot for many years, so were limited to game development posts for more than a decade. how many such posts would be flagged under any categorization scheme? 

look at the victim's examples. is all from last few months o' 2019. didn't need dig deep into yesteryear, eh? yeah, if you are jobless then you are having much free time, but the thing 'bout compulsive behaviours is they don't stop just because you got a job. serious, wash this guy off and don't look back is our advice. 

even so, am recognizing we are old, so we don't get social media. need for people to post personal thoughts public and then reciprocate with likes o' 140/280 character epiphanies from rando bob or betty is beyond our capacity to fully grasp. we purposeful own an old flip phone so as to avoid smartphone umbilical syndrome. am admitting to being out of touch.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

It's really great. None of the posts shown are even written by the guy. The flagging was done by an algorithm that some IT firm got paid to develop. Good money was in all likelihood paid for the "report", which will inevitably end up in a dumpster, after some HR schmuck wonders what he's doing with his life while going through all 351 pages of it. This must be what they mean by "service economy".

My phone doesn't have internet connection of its own and it's been years since I closed the last of my social media accounts, but I'm pretty sure no one in their right mind would hire me if they went through my posting history here. I'm not sure if that's a bad thing or not.

Edited by 213374U
words are hard
  • Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

83878033_2699934733427677_30526658855808

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

82426272_2677815962306221_54571926017131

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Gasp! 4

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

83945778_2738717142881694_30990945980147

• Haha 7

Thomas Sowell

this kid has standards

EQGprykWsAU3Qh_?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.